Why become a member? ×

Pair of 1st series Fender JV Basses (P&J) Uber rare!

Rick's Fine '52

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Verdana]OK, need to sell something, and these are looking favourite. I know how rare they are so I won’t be giving them away, and know I’ll regret it as soon as they’re gone, as I know they’ll never be replaceable. [/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana]Perfectly matched pair, the pickguards look like they were cut from the same sheet. Impossibly rare examples.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#000000][font=Verdana][/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Verdana]Based on recent sales and pricing on these, they tend to go for around £1200+ each. The Jazz is particularly rare though, so if I get a sensible offer, then they’ll go, if not, they’ll stay.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana]If you’re looking, then you’ll know all about these examples. Unlike the ’82 Fullerton reissues, these were made using the original ’62 blueprints, sent over by Fender US, and are the closest reissue Fender ever made. The large Fender decal versions were only made for 2 months, before Fender US made them stop, and use the large Squier decal. Many of the ones still in the factory were stripped, and new decals applied before sent out for sale, some were already out there or slipped the net, making them very sought after, many of those even had the Squier portion of the decal sanded off as they were deemed unfashionable to have the Squier decal visible.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana]The Jazz is believed to be an early prototype version to show at a German Music fair and to US Fender reps, in May 1982. It has many features not included on the regular JV issues.[/font][/color]

[u][color=#000000][font=Verdana]Jazz[/font][/color][/u]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana]Neck date April ’82
JV 00*** S/N
3TSB
Slab rosewood board
Chrome covers
Mutes
Large Fender, small Squier decal export JV
Believed to be early prototype version[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Verdana]Has the earliest known neck date of an export JV, and this instrument is featured as such on the Fender JV website.[/font][/color][/size]

[size=2][color=#000000][font=Verdana]

[size=3][u]Precision[/u][/size][/font][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#000000][font=Verdana]Neck date, May ‘82
JV0**** S/N
3TSB
Slab rosewood board
Chrome covers
Large Fender, small Squier decal export JV[/font][/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000][font=Verdana]Prefer to sell as pair, as haven’t got the heart to split them up, although single sales offers considered.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana]I’ve received an offer privately for the Jazz, but before I make a decision, thought I’d give BC’ers an opportunity. Great investment opportunity also. These will be the pre-CBS basses of the future, except much rarer![/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana]Thanks for looking. I’m genuinly half hoping that no-one is interested. I will be very sad to lose these.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Verdana]Rick[/font][/color][/size]

Edited by Rick's Fine '52

Not many available to bench mark for prices. there is a similar Precision available on a certain auction site at the moment for £1250, not as early as mine, and the Jazz is far more valuable.

I've already received an offer of £2k, but I think I would get more if advertised properly, and split the pair. I'm in no desperate need to sell, but if the right offer comes along then I will.

[b]£2500[/b] would make me pay some more attention I think. Not cheap, but these are super rare, especially in this condition, and a matched pair. I saw a jazz offered in japan for £1800, not as old as mine, so with shipping and customs it would have been in excess of £2000

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1335447625' post='1631324']
I'd be tempted to sell something else - they are beautiful. If they were mine I'd be lining up to sell a kidney before I parted with them.
[/quote]

I know, I'm thinking the same, I'll never be able to replace them. I just need some space. I've only regretted selling one bass, and these will join that list i fear!

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1335447969' post='1631338']
I know, I'm thinking the same, I'll never be able to replace them. I just need some space. I've only regretted selling one bass, and these will join that list i fear!
[/quote]

Go on, get rid of that stanky Rik instead... would take up the same wallspace as these two.

[quote name='Nibody' timestamp='1335448414' post='1631351']
Go on, get rid of that stanky Rik instead... would take up the same wallspace as these two.
[/quote]

:P I love that 4005, Mani has been my bass idol for many years, and I always wanted it, this is as close as i'll get. Thats going nowhere, its probably worth nothing anyway apart from the Ricky parts! how can you not love this, I'm very upset now! :P ;

OH my lord, those JVs are just [i]beautiful[/i]. You'd have to prize those out of my cold dead hands if they were mine. Maybe the best looking pair of basses I've ever seen, and I've seen a few.

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1335449443' post='1631375']
:P I love that 4005, Mani has been my bass idol for many years, and I always wanted it, this is as close as i'll get. Thats going nowhere, its probably worth nothing anyway apart from the Ricky parts! how can you not love this, I'm very upset now! :P ;

[/quote]

Sorry, not a huge Rik fan unless Bruce Foxton is holding it..lol

firstly- wow you're selling (possibly) and secondly- how beautiful is that Jazz? If I had the readies I would! (thinks about what I could sell) nope- but good luck! :)
(the jazz is awesome- the P I have no doubt is all right- but mine is prettier! :D )

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1335476304' post='1632033']
firstly- wow you're selling (possibly) and secondly- how beautiful is that Jazz? If I had the readies I would! (thinks about what I could sell) nope- but good luck! :)
(the jazz is awesome- the P I have no doubt is all right- but mine is prettier! :D )
[/quote]

You know I'm a sucker for 2-tone/maple P's, so I won't defend that comment!! :P

Would you take body parts as payment?

I've got a kidney which has been worn in comfortably and has plenty of life left in it.

I also have 10 toes with a unique grain pattern on the nails.

At a stretch I could possibly throw in a foot.

PM if you're interested :P

All joking aside, those are absolutely beautiful! If I had the money I'd go for them.

[quote name='BigBassBob' timestamp='1335516430' post='1632358']
Would you take body parts as payment?

I've got a kidney which has been worn in comfortably and has plenty of life left in it.

I also have 10 toes with a unique grain pattern on the nails.

At a stretch I could possibly throw in a foot.

PM if you're interested :P

All joking aside, those are absolutely beautiful! If I had the money I'd go for them.
[/quote]

Actually, a new spine would be of interest. I've had two lots of surgery on mine, the second of which involved some removal, and replacement with what can best be described as scaffolding, so I'll take your vertebrae as p/x if thats agreeable?? :P

Thanks for the comment, they are beautiful.