Why become a member? ×

Pair of 1st series Fender JV Basses (P&J) Uber rare!

Rick's Fine '52

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' timestamp='1342101823' post='1729616']
Not likely, there's nowt nice or rare about a 90's Squier. These are that price because there's hardly any made, especially in this original condition, they are highly sought after, and are the most accurate reissues ever made. Price is reasonable, I've seen these go for 31400 each, and not as early as mine either. You're right though, it is alot of money. value for money is a different thing though, and they are worth every penny.
[/quote]

Don't get me wrong, obviously if that is the type of money they are selling for then no reason you shouldn't try to get what they are worth. Just not sure I would pay that much for one.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1342111669' post='1729818']
Don't get me wrong, obviously if that is the type of money they are selling for then no reason you shouldn't try to get what they are worth. Just not sure I would pay that much for one.
[/quote]

Many wouldn't, often because they don't know what they are. Many people will happily pay £2k for an early,1982 Fullerton reissue, on the basis that they think they are good quality, play nice, good reproductions, quite rare, and highly sought after....which they are of course. The early JV's beat them hands down on every one of those counts, and are much rarer, but, not everyone wants to pay that much for a japanese guitar, which is fair enough. I wouldn't pay £40m for a Renoir (even if i had the money), doesn't mean it ain't worth that. The market will always dictate a products price, and that's what these things sell for. If you played it, you'd probably say its the best reissue Fender you've ever played, most people do, including me.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1342111669' post='1729818']

[/quote]

Out of interest how many first edition Jv have you played?

I have two JVs an '82 Precision - just after the transition to the Squier logo - and an '83 Precision. The '82 has the most incredible neck, as good as any US vintage Fender or reissue that I have ever owned or played. I've never held onto a US Fender or any Fender bass for that matter for very long but my '82 is a keeper. Yes these are worth the money and will increase in value as surely as a stack knob Jazz!

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1345242916' post='1775630']
Like pokemon - you gotta catch them all! :)
[/quote]

Nice one Luke, good work, they make a fine trio!!

As you know though, 2-tone JV's are only worth about £100, unlike the 3-tone's, but I'd happily double that to take yours, and complete the set! :P :rolleyes: