Why become a member? ×

New Dirty Loops Cover - Rollin' In The Deep

AndyBob09

its got some great moments although the bass solo doesn't do a lot for me. Not saying its not good but i wasn't particularly overwhelmed by it.

The stabs and some of the keys playing is amazing! The guys got a great voice too, i think they've been hyped so much people expect the impossible from them.

I love it overall - a bit "Smurfs sing Adele" on the vocal side but musically amazing - I know what you're all saying and the original IS still a great song and if this turns a new generation of kids on to learning their instruments and exploring harmony and rhythms beyond more X-Factor style karaoke - then for me it's job done...

I love their stuff but this one left me a little cold. Song choice was poss the main culprit- I think they are at their best fleshing out and over-orchestrating relatively bland pop.
The drop down for 2nd verse, the acrobatic vocals etc made it a little predictable.
Thought the drummer's part was more stand-out than usual which was cool.

I don't like it...I get the feeling they are trying more to impress than to move people..
The arrangement is also too busy for me..every gap there is, someone has to fill in and this song makes me just nervous.
I'm fond of some fusion pop but they ruined a good song with this Frankfurt Music Fair-approach.
Can't imagine listening to more than two songs in a row..however great they play, it starts to get predictable.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I like this band, all the playing is great. Top players.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The first few tunes they covered were good, not because of the tunes particularly,[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]but the way they Orchestrated and harmonised them, so they have made their point [and very well][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I just truly hope they start letting out some of their own original material, [if indeed they have any][/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]instead of some of the twee pop tunes. [not all] [/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Its time for them to move on - unless their fans & mates are quite happy to listen to relentless covers. [IMO of course][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Garry[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color]

I was going to give a measured response, but on listening to it now 4 or 5 times, the more I've listened to it the more and more I dislike it.

Technically great, yes they are, but nothing in that performance touches or inspires me. Considering they are technically very good, I found what they did totally predictable, so in a musical sense, (in the broadest sense) very wanting.