Why become a member? ×

Peter Gabriel -So - classic albums programme on BBC Four Friday March 23rd '12!!!

kevin_lindsay

Yippee!!

1 hour Classic Albums programme on BBC Four this Friday evening from 9-10pm featuring Peter Gabriel's album "So".

Should feature some nice Toby Levin segments I reckon.

Also, for those so inclined, there's a few hours of Prog Rick stuff directly afterwards.

I'm quite keen on Kate Bush's segments as well

Now what I'd really like to see is a re-run of the PG South Bank Special, filmed at Real World during the recording of his fourth album. Also starring TLev. Any opportunity: here's me and him comparing Funk Fingers while someone nicks his Musicman

[quote name='kevin_lindsay' timestamp='1332197975' post='1584834']
Should feature some nice Toby Levin segments I reckon.
[/quote]

I hope Tony is on there too. :)

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1332230811' post='1585000']
Now what I'd really like to see is a re-run of the PG South Bank Special, filmed at Real World during the recording of his fourth album.
[/quote]

That is actually available (in about eight parts) on YouTube.
I watched it not long ago & it was just as brilliant as it was when I saw it on TV the first time.

Edited by RhysP

Great stuff , cheers for heads up , sky arts have some good stuff too ! I saw a pink floyd one not long ago and was a really interesting , especially the bit with the woman improvising over the piano part in great gig in the sky , all done in one take and she came out of the studio and appolagized for it but they were just blown away !

[quote name='risingson' timestamp='1332340386' post='1586917']
Absolutely love Tony Levin's playing. I do wish he'd give up the Chapman Stick though, really not my thing, sounds a bit like a car crash! But his stuff with Peter Gabriel is truly excellent.
[/quote]I'm pretty sure Shock The Monkey is played on Stick, and there are assuredly others too, but I take your point, his solo Stick work is a specific taste thing (not really mine).