Why become a member? ×

Sandberg love!

pietruszka

I expected to have to replace the one I had but was very impressed with it when I got it. Very decent bag for the price.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1436180419' post='2815586']
Apparently Sandberg prices are due to drop! Due to the Euro...must be a first in a long time to see a price drop on new instruments.
[/quote]

I've ordered one this morning, the price was just stupidly good and I'm so bloody excited!

Out of curiosity what gauge strings are people using on their Sandbergs?

Mine still has its factory strings on, which felt stiff as hell, but are apparently only 40-100.

I've been dabbling with 45-105 on my other basses, and i'm liking the extra thump they give. Now the Sandberg is nearly ready for a string change, i'm thinking that 45-105 might be a good thing, though at the risk of upsetting the millimetre perfect factory set up.

Hmm.

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1436192043' post='2815773']
Anyone use the Sandberg Deluxe case/bag?
[/quote]

yeah mine came with a black and red Sandberg deluxe gig bag. Seems fine - its a gig bag. No more, no less. Nicely firm and padded, makes for a very light way of carrying a very light bass.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just picked bought this from KingPrawn last week, it's had 5 gigs so far, I'm totally smitten.

[url="http://s214.photobucket.com/user/EmmettChristie/media/IMAG0076_zpsj0s8brjj.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s214.photobucket.com/user/EmmettChristie/media/IMAG0070_zpsx2x12wen.jpg.html"][/url]
[url="http://s214.photobucket.com/user/EmmettChristie/media/IMAG0069_zpssq3xusjd.jpg.html"][/url]

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1435315439' post='2807560']
Official photo from bass direct when I bought it, but here is mine

[/quote]
That is stunning.... much prefer the older models. New shapes are bland

• 2 months later...

My new Sandberg California II TM4 Gold Top.

[attachment=228090:Gold TM4 angle body.jpg]
[attachment=228091:Gold TM4 face on.jpg]

It's a joy to play and sounds even better than I'd hoped for - sensational basses. Premium quality, perfectly set up via their PLEK system and all that at a decent price.

I absolutely love it.

• 3 weeks later...

"..... a rather special custom bass, at least the unusual 1pickup configuration: we built "this kind of" bass a couple of times. Trevor Bolder from Uriah Heep ordered a 1-singlecoil California some years ago, maybe that inspired some others... who knows. I'm not sure if we ever built a fretless in a similar 1pickup style.
Other than the pickup it's a California TT4 (would be a T4, to be correct) ;) Rarewood Edition.
Specs are:
Mahogany body
Cocobolo top
maple neck
rosewood fretboard
22 frets
Pearloid dot inlays
black hardware
Delano pickup (hum-cancelling)
Glockenklang 3Bd EQ
the EQ is active/passible switchable and the treble knob is a passive tone control in passive mode.
unique custom bass
(from Gregor / Holger - Sandberg)

Edited by eubassix

• 4 weeks later...