Why become a member? ×

What sort of music do you play?

paulypbass

I used to have very 'set' types of music that I'd play and\or listen to, but i've mellowed out somewhat over the years.

I play in a folk duo - nice gentle stuff with an occasional murder thrown in.
I play in an 'acoustic\roots' trio - probably my favourite, a ridiculously big sound from just three people.
I play in a blues band - three out of the four of us are ex folk rockers so some interesting cross species stuff coming out of that. :)
I play in a rock/pop covers band - not always my cup of tea but it's pretty undemanding, pays well and they're a cool bunch of guys who never argue or sulk.

I'm also working with a couple of local(ish) singer/songwriters - both acoustic orientated.

I listen to lots of styles now (since joining basschat) but used to only listen to blues and rock.

I used to play in an acoustic duo doing mainly blues covers but that disbanded last year :(
I play in a covers band that does more modern stuff. It's my band and I don't know half the stuff I play!
On my own I play jazz/funk fusion, you know junk!

One band is all UK / USA party type covers apart from two original numbers and two French numbers.

2nd band is again covers doing everything from Country to Thin Lizzie so a little more rock orientated.

Acoustic duo with the wife. Anything from Cyndi Lauper and Carole King to Prince.

About to embark on an AC/DC thing.

Slight possibility of doing some Albert Lee / Dire Straits stuff with someone else.

At home, I try and nail stuff that I'll never get a chance to play :lol: