Why become a member? ×

Chickenfoot were awesome tonight...

Yeah, Was at Brixton,great gig,Mr Hagar was in fine voice,never seen him live was very impressed. Best of all looked like they were all having a real blast,all laughing together,looked like a BAND should do,only gripe was the bass was a bit ill defined were I stood,but thats prob down to the P.A and my position. Enjoyable night.

[quote name='sykilz' timestamp='1326624224' post='1499551']
Yeah, Was at Brixton,great gig,Mr Hagar was in fine voice,never seen him live was very impressed. Best of all looked like they were all having a real blast,all laughing together,looked like a BAND should do,only gripe was the bass was a bit ill defined were I stood,but thats prob down to the P.A and my position. Enjoyable night.
[/quote]

So was I. The bass sound was rubbish which is a pity as I like Michael Anthony. Thanks Brixton Academy (again!!). I was standing reasonably near the back and I saw the master EQ for the engineer. ALL the bass was torn out and it was still a boomy mess with the kick and bass merging into one massive messly glob. Every time I go to that place the bass has always sounded crap. With the notable exception of seeing Alice in Chains that is. It;s the venue I think.

How rubbish were the support act?!! (Red White and Blues). Myself and my mate were laughing so hard we thought our eyeballs might fall out.

Think the only band I`ve seen at Brixton where the bass was ok was The Sex Pistols. And to be honest, Glen Matlock is more one of those "you notice them when they`re not playing" bassists. I don`t mean he`s no good by that, just with the Pistols material, it`s keep it solid, and provide a platform for the guitar, which he does very well.

Edited by Lozz196

I'm trying to pursuade one of my bands to cover 'Soap on a Rope' - great riff. Great band. Glad to hear Sammy H vocal was good as I've heard stuff live where he consistently sings flat.

I saw Brian Setzer at Brixton recently and the sound was ok. I remember seeing Joe Bonamassa at the Albert Hall a couple of years back, where the sound is usually spot on, and the mix was absolutely terrible. Dire. Different engineers must have their own ideas, I suppose.

Here`s a reasonably good vid of "Alright" from Brixton, looked at a few recorded by this guy, Satriani is just a bloody awesome guitarist. And just double checked what my mate I went with told me, Hagar is 65!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That`s what life on a Mexican beach does for you I guess!!! Great band.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RYvtaMITU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6RYvtaMITU[/url]

[quote name='sykilz' timestamp='1326624224' post='1499551']
[/quote]

I was there too.. Absolutely awesome gig. Am I wrong for thinking that Kenny Aronoff did a better job than Chad and seemed to fit the band a lot more?

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1326730894' post='1501163']
I was there too.. Absolutely awesome gig. Am I wrong for thinking that Kenny Aronoff did a better job than Chad and seemed to fit the band a lot more?
[/quote]
Why bother comparing them - they're both great!

Having said that, Aronoff is a monster.....

[quote name='Wolverinebass' timestamp='1326657494' post='1500122']
How rubbish were the support act?!! (Red White and Blues). Myself and my mate were laughing so hard we thought our eyeballs might fall out.
[/quote]

Awful generic, strutting, bluesrock, cookie-cutter cliche band with a terrible name; if this band was a film it would be straight-to-video. I really wanted to punch the Keef-wannabe guitarist and the Glen Hughes-wannabe bassist/vocalist, the other guitarist needed aslap and was the worst Slash impressionist ever! Stand Up for Rock'n'Roll? Yeah, boys but only because there aren't any seats downstairs.

[quote name='peteb' timestamp='1326737672' post='1501334']
Why bother comparing them - they're both great!

Having said that, Aronoff is a monster.....
[/quote]

Kenny was absolutely magic, really enjoyed his playing and personality. What a gig, I smiled all the way home.

Evening Standard hack seemed less than impressed. Comments section nailed his arse to the wall I reckon, the one from 'Rob' Planet rock DJ, particularly tickled me, as I have been listening all morning and he is dining royally on that guys ass!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/review-24028137-chickenfoot-o2-academy-brixton---review.do

I too was there.

Red White & Blues were generic AOR. I didn't think they did it [i]too [/i]badly - I wasn't offended by them. Thought they'd do well in the Dog & Duck on a Friday night...

I love Satch, & probably wouldn't have bothered if it wasn't him. Thought the drummer was over-playing. I'm not a particular fan of Mr Antony, but he does at least play for the song.

I noticed the Marshalls too - wondered if his sponsorship deal had expired.

Sound was awful. I was stuck upstairs though, which may have had something to do with it.