Why become a member? ×

GAS for 2012

Linus27

Looking forward to getting a body made for the luvverly Lakland neck I've just got my hands on. It'll be an Uber-NotFenderbird, with Nordy Big Splits, Hipshot Ultralights and Supertone. Pics as and when.

I'm also on the lookout for a really nice bass, but I've no idea what that might be.

I appear to have struck early with the A of GAS having already agreed my first deal (possibly even 2!) for 2012.

An Alleva Coppolo RA4 in nitro candy apple red with maple board, tinted neck, blocks & binding should be headed my way soon.

Quite close to agreeing another deal that will see a lake placid blue Celinder Classic coming in as a '63 Fender P moves out.

A Kubicki also left on 28th Dec and I have three other basses up for sale at the moment so definitely some 'juggling' on the horizon this year :)

Currently still living my Ritter Cora and might consider a more 'basic' version for gigging.

Very happy with the Tone Hammer & SL combination so no amp GAS at the moment :)

Edited by molan

No real GAS for things i don't need.

Looking out for a 4 string Fender PJ in sunburst at a reasonable price.

Then going to start building up a small pedal bored, think EBS Multicomp, Octobass & Wah/Volume Pedal.

Maybe a Microbass 2 if funds allow.

Ear plugs should be coming any day now & some new IEM.

Looking at it now, quite a bit of saving needs to be done!

Ooh, this talk of double rigs does set the GAS off! I think I'm ok for bass stuff though - if anything, I'd just like to re-aquire the stuff I sold to pay the bills last year, I miss my T-40!

Most of my GAS is guitar-based now - need a nice guitar amp (possibly got some vintage valvey goodness coming my way!) and some new pickups for my Ibby Artist, and a few pedals to fill out the six string setup. Also really fancy giving my Epi LP Special a paint job and a few mods, and turning it into a P90 monster!

I think the impending birth of my son is going to prevent any serious gear spending!

Well, I've just managed to complete my bass collection (got a P, a J and a P/J!) and I'm all sorted for amps (valvey goodness with the GEM and solid state loudness and adaptibility with the Firebass).

I basically just want to sort out all my accessories. I want to get matching cables for everything, I want to buy my basses some good quality gigbags (probably Protec Contegos) and I want to get them all set up and serviced properly; The Fender and Ibanez set up for fingerstyle and the Spector for pick style. The GEM also needs a quick service as well as some new valves too. Also some matching straps might be quite cool.

I also quite fancy a reverb pedal of some sort. But if I buy one of those, then I need to get a Pedaltrain mini and a gigrig Generator cos I already have a boost and a fuzz and Ill need to keep everything neat, so maybe not this year! But, maybe I just need an EBS Microbass II?

Oh wait, I want a 6er at some point too. Maybe a Yamaha TRB or I'll see if I can find a turquoise Yamaha RBXJM1. Or, when I win the lottery, a Wood & Tronics Chronos 6... oh dear.

Truckstop

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1325348407' post='1482388']
Early onset GAS for a slightly more portable rig. As yet unspecified. Dilemma pending!!
And a Yamaha 2024x !
[/quote]

A slightly more portable rig did you say? I think we may be able to help one another out. [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163793-ft-or-fs-tc-electronic-classic-450/"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163793-ft-or-fs-tc-electronic-classic-450/[/url]