Why become a member? ×

FINALLY! Stingray HH is mine! :)

Musicman20

After the rather long saga of the last one, I've been in touch with Nick @ Strings & Things waiting for a new HH Ray to hit their stock.

They received one virtually to my spec (and what they presume is what was actually meant to be mine, but because it was ordered incorrectly by the store/some kind of mixup, they sent one they had in) a week or so ago. Brand new built in October 2011.

Stingray 4 HH / White / Rosewood / Black Pearl Plate / Matching Headstock.

Now, as I wanted a Tort or White plate (I already have a Tort Plate) they sent a spare white HH plate as well.

Now I have the black pearl one in my hands, Im very impressed, and its staying on.

The bass is truely stunning. I had the experience I wanted a few months ago, eg, you open the case, and realise its better than you expected.

Excellent quality control, nice weight, very pretty headstock, smooth rosewood board, and everything as it should be (excellent neck join).

I know, no pics, no bass, but its late so I don't have time to snap a photo. Put it this way, it has made everything worthwhile.

Oh Gareth, I hate to burst your bubble but I had to sent a Stingray 4 HH / White / Rosewood / Black Pearl Plate / Matching Headstock built in October 2011 back to S&T as it was made from old egg boxes and a bit of sticky back plastic. It looked ok apart from the made in a shed by a guy with a flatcap, a whippet and an fetish for cheese logo on the back but I could just tell it was not right :)

Seriously dude, this is great news, really hope its a winner.

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1323775886' post='1466791']
There is a very worrying silence from Gareth.
[/quote]

He has probably taken it apart and is getting the neck and body carbon dated lol.

Sound like a winner though, good on him, its been a stressful year for him (and us), glad its ending with a good result.

Hurrah! But as the man said.....[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1323774792' post='1466769']
I don't believe it until we have pics ......

With the OP sitting there with nice satisfied smug grin and mug o' tea..!!! :)

Glad it all worked out, G.
[/quote]

[quote name='Linus27' timestamp='1323729136' post='1466424']
Oh Gareth, I hate to burst your bubble but I had to sent a Stingray 4 HH / White / Rosewood / Black Pearl Plate / Matching Headstock built in October 2011 back to S&T as it was made from old egg boxes and a bit of sticky back plastic. It looked ok apart from the made in a shed by a guy with a flatcap, a whippet and an fetish for cheese logo on the back but I could just tell it was not right :)

Seriously dude, this is great news, really hope its a winner.
[/quote]

OMG!!!!! you had this one as well? :) :o :)