Why become a member? ×

FS: 8 String Fender P Bass, converted by Jon Shuker (SOLUTION)

Sean.Robinson

Only just seen this thread now. All I can say is wow. Unbelievable arrogance met with patience I can't really comprehend on behalf of 73 Jazz. I do hope the situation gets resolved, although I'd be incredibly tempted to chase up a refund as this guy quite obviously doesn't deserve your money or indeed your precious time.

[quote name='uke' timestamp='1327102899' post='1506614']
Wouldn't Jon Shuker have his details if he did the conversion on the bass ?
[/quote]

Data Protection would come into this,,,,,plus you wouldnt want to put any type of pressure on someone to hand over info that has got nothing to do with this situation.

[quote name='roonjuice' timestamp='1327087577' post='1506388']
Consider me in for £20 for the "73jazz-patience of a saint" fund. :)
[/quote]
+1 could the mods set up something where we can send this. I think this is an excellent way of restoring the sense of community that Sean has fractured.

After the informations that have been provided by a great bc member, this isn't the first time that sean dealt with that kind of style.
One bc member told me of a deal where sean tried to fool him with the amount of money he handed over.
Additional to this, he sold car parts/items, took the money but didn't ship the sold items..so this one is a parallel story.
Seems that i bought a bass from the wrong guy

Edited by 73Jazz

[quote name='73Jazz' timestamp='1327250332' post='1508323']
After the informations that have been provided by a great bc member, this isn't the first time that sean dealt with that kind of style.
One bc member told me of a deal where sean tried to fool him with the amount of money he handed over.
Additional to this, he sold car parts/items, took the money but didn't ship the sold items..so this one is a parallel story.
Seems that i bought a bass from the wrong guy
[/quote]

What a scrote.

[quote name='Skezza' timestamp='1327263274' post='1508599']
Id go to the police its fraud and they would have no problem getting his address from Mr Shuker

skez
[/quote]

+1

Lets stop any more innocent folk getting ripped off. Alternately we let him carry on and wait for Karma to take its course... :P

Any news from Matt and Tom.
I think if no luck from Moderators then definately go to Police.

I personally would go to the Police even if Moderators resolve. This guy Sean should be off our streets and locked up.

Complete waste of space by the sound of it.

Dave

[b] Sean has a Basschat member called[/b]

[b] tremblap[/b]

listed as a friens he may have his number

people who have traded with him may have a phone number

Once you have a phone number (mobile or land) you can get an address

skez

[quote name='dmccombe7' timestamp='1327268158' post='1508706']
Any news from Matt and Tom.
I think if no luck from Moderators then definately go to Police.

I personally would go to the Police even if Moderators resolve. This guy Sean should be off our streets and locked up.

Complete waste of space by the sound of it.

Dave
[/quote]

Quite a bit is going on behind the scenes, can't make it public though just yet.

John

It isn't a Police issue. It's a civil law dispute in regard to failing to comply with contractual terms.

It is a small claims matter that can be dealt with the money claims online system as long as you are wanting a refund (You can't use the online system to obtain an Order for him to deliver up the goods. That is called "Specific performance" and is hardly ever ordered by the court anyway)

If you have his name and postal address then you just fill in the form and pay the small court fee.

The court serves the papers on the Defendant, he then gets 21 days to acknowledge it. If he ignores it then on day 22 you ask the Court to enter "Judgment in Default"

If you still don't get an answer, then 14 days after that you fill in another form on the website and the Court sends the bailiffs in. The Court Fee gets added to his debt.

Honestly - stop f***ing about and give him both barrels. While the offers of a fund from other BC'ers is lovely all it does is spread the loss over more people. It doesn't solve the problem.

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1327312396' post='1509003']
It isn't a Police issue. It's a civil law dispute in regard to failing to comply with contractual terms.

It is a small claims matter that can be dealt with the money claims online system as long as you are wanting a refund (You can't use the online system to obtain an Order for him to deliver up the goods. That is called "Specific performance" and is hardly ever ordered by the court anyway)

If you have his name and postal address then you just fill in the form and pay the small court fee.

The court serves the papers on the Defendant, he then gets 21 days to acknowledge it. If he ignores it then on day 22 you ask the Court to enter "Judgment in Default"

If you still don't get an answer, then 14 days after that you fill in another form on the website and the Court sends the bailiffs in. The Court Fee gets added to his debt.

Honestly - stop f***ing about and give him both barrels. While the offers of a fund from other BC'ers is lovely all it does is spread the loss over more people. It doesn't solve the problem.
[/quote]

I have to agree that unless there are behind the scenes 'active' movements, I'd go with this and to hell with getting the bass! The CCJ against Sean will scr3w any future chance of credit for him and affects all sorts of ratings that will impact on him directly, hopefully teaching him a well deserved lesson in life... which IMHO he doesn't 'appear' to be taking seriously.

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1327269988' post='1508749']
If the mods have archived (pre the change to the new interface) PMs between members they are welcome to search back through mine as I'm sure that I had contact with him some years back regarding a deal which never came to fruition; his number may be in those PMs.
[/quote]

Yes me too! Mods feel free to look through mine too - I can't seem to find it in my mails.

andy

Hi there,

1st: @73Jazz...Hey Maurice, what a Story. Hope you'll get your Bass or your Money soon. Good Luck for you and kind Regards....Thomas

2nd: Great Support from all the honourable Members here. Chapeau to you all.

I've also done some Deals here and also in many other Boards. In Germany of Course, but also in UK, USA and in the Netherlands and never have any Problems. Not as a Buyer, nor as a Seller. Eyerything was allways fine. I can't help myself, I believe in something like "Honour" between Musicians and It is really a Shame to read something like that, but...Hey Guys... this could happen in any Board around the World. Black Sheeps and A..ho..s are everywhere.
Hope we get this "done"!

John Shuker is a sound guy and friend of honourable musicians everywhere. I speak from personal experience of the man and one of his early basses I once owned. I'm sure he would be assist if it can be done through proper channels.
However like someone just mentioned, that 8 string conversion just doesnt sound like work he would have done.
Anyway count me in for a contribution to the The Let's-Help-Our-Brother-Bass-Player-Out-Of-A-Hole Fund, if he doesn't get no satisfaction.

I'm getting bored with this bullshit.

Someone give me all the address details, copy emails & PMs, payment dates etc etc and I'll do the legal work. The only money the buyer will have to put in are the court fees (not a lot at all) - those fees will be added to the vendor's debt.

The buyer needs to get the money back. I wouldn't trust getting the instrument now.

And if no one has the address details then get me what you do have. There are a few investigators I use regularly that owe me a favour.

Edited by fretmeister