Why become a member? ×

New Zoom B3

dannybuoy

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1343818835' post='1755605']
...what with all the grass down the middle of the roads and horse drawn carts that we use for public transport here![/quote]

:lol: Crikey! Umm... Norfolk..? :huh:

;)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='cheddatom' timestamp='1343824286' post='1755771']
The scroll-patch buttons, I guess would be fairly easy to mod. I did this to an old Zoom pedal, just opened it up and soldered wires to the bottom of the switch contacts, then routed these to a couple of momentary footswitches.
[/quote]

Thanks chap! Yup, that appears to be exactly what the YouTube guy had done with the G3 - fitted a socket to the casing and ran a box with a couple of momentary push buttons in.

I won't be doing that yet, my pedal only arrived yesterday brand new!

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1343845350' post='1756291']
Anyone know if its possible to delete / hide effects?. The B3's great - but there's too many effects I'll never use. It would be good to get it down to 20 or so of the best ones.
[/quote]

Just build patches of the ones you will use then...

Having read pretty much the entire thread now i think i am going to have to pull the trigger on one of these :gas:

As well as being useful for my covers bands i am also quite into jamming dubby dancey stuff with some mates. How do you guys rate the synths, envelope filters ? Also has anyone achieved anything dubstep sounding... ish?

Just got me one of these today, and my initial impressions are that I'm seriously impressed! The range of pedals available is simply unbelievable, everything from fuzz, distortion, pitch shift, harmonizers, chorus, compression, amp simulaors...it really is overwhelming!

It'll take me a while to really get the hang of what is available, but suffice to say it's good enough that I'm planning to offload at least four of my existing pedals. The price is unbelievable, and the build quality is also very good - the unit feels rugged, nothing like the plasitic, flimsiness that I usually associated with Zoom multi fx pedals.

[quote name='M-Bass-M' timestamp='1343934365' post='1757633']
It'll take me a while to really get the hang of what is available, but suffice to say it's good enough that I'm planning to offload at least four of my existing pedals. The price is unbelievable, and the build quality is also very good - the unit feels rugged, nothing like the plasitic, flimsiness that I usually associated with Zoom multi fx pedals.
[/quote]

+1 to this

I've had mine for a few months now and I'm still finding new possibilities with it! I've also offloaded 5 very well loved pedals since acquiring my Zoom B3, so it's definitely here to stay for a very long time! Coming from somebody who vowed never to touch a multi fx unit again that's quite something!

I gigged mine for the first time tonight after it arrived earlier this week. Yup, that's right, i gigged it without even a band rehearsal to test it. Set up a bunch of sounds for the set and just prayed it was gonna behave. It did with flying colours! Yeah, i'm really impressed! And i am very fussy! I'm more used to running a TC Electronic GForce!!

Crazy money for a bullet proof (and idiot proof) unit. So easy to set up a set of patches and use it like normal stomp boxes. I really hope that the B3 gets the G3 update of six effects at once. It dosnt actually need it, but hey, why not!

Colour me happy!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1343946608' post='1757839']
Colour me happy!
[/quote]

Glad you're getting lots of enjoyment out of it too! What do you think to the distortions? I haven't found any settings that particularly do it for me yet, but the Bass Muff was impressive!

I needed a new tuner but spoted one of these. I got it and am well impressed. Doubt I will use the effects on offer in my current band but they will no doubt come in handy at some point.

Just need to pay the wife back the 150 quid :yarr:

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1343948226' post='1757870']

Glad you're getting lots of enjoyment out of it too! What do you think to the distortions? I haven't found any settings that particularly do it for me yet, but the Bass Muff was impressive!
[/quote]
[quote name='OmeDunk' timestamp='1343975634' post='1757963']

The distortions are probably going to need an EQ block after them to make the best of them. Funnily, I'd never been a fan of the Big Muff type of distortion, but I did use the Muff distortion at the gig and really liked it! I may use a dedicated pedal for a particular drive type.

How about compression? Did you use the on board compressor?
[/quote]

Yup, I think I was using the DBX model just to pull back the transients in slap. Very tidy, very controlled

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1343976557' post='1757971']

I noticed he put his TC Electronics compressor up for sale the other day, so maybe!

I still use my Aguilar at the moment though
[/quote]

I put the TC up for sale as I was a little short of cash following buying some kit, but realised now I din't need to sell it at all! Oh well!

The Nova Dynamics is easily the best fully featured compressor pedal.. And i was daft letting it go. That said, the b3 is more than capable. Im still really impressed.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='BluRay' timestamp='1343845350' post='1756291']
Anyone know if its possible to delete / hide effects?. The B3's great - but there's too many effects I'll never use. It would be good to get it down to 20 or so of the best ones.
[/quote]

A little more of order in the way to select efx will be great, so the delete/hide effects option will be great.

I've just installed the computer software 'Edit And Share' - I like it and works a treat. I've just backed up all my sounds I have created. I also like that when the B3 is attached it appears that parameter changes made in the software are instantly changed on the B3 too. Cool!

• 2 weeks later...

How come everyone here loves the B3 and think its really good while the demo vids on youtube of this multifx (including the official zoom vid) all sound like crap?
I would like to testdrive a B3 since you're all so positive but none of the shops here seems to have them in stock... Not willing to take the plunge and ordering online on this one.