Why become a member? ×

New Zoom B3

dannybuoy

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1342456448' post='1735424']
Nope, got a link?

I'd like a B5 too, wonder if Zoom have one of those planned...
[/quote]

Not heard a thing, but a quick google made me stumble across this

Oh and by the way thanks for cramming the theme from Mr Bloom's Nursery back into my head :lol:

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1342212775' post='1731977']
Here you go, some badly played bass through the 2 different pitch shifter 'pedals'
[url="http://soundcloud.com/warm_leatherette/pitchshift"]http://soundcloud.co...ette/pitchshift[/url]

from 0:18 - 2:00 is the monopitch pedal, this is the monophonic shift.
from 2:005 onwards is the PitchShift
[/quote]

Ta, that's just what I needed to hear.

My Korg AX3000B and an elderly Zoom RFX2000 both sound similar to the second one - it seems to be faintly out of tune and no matter what you do with fine tuning, it never seems to be properly in tune. The first one sounds like just what I want.

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1342467701' post='1735747']

[/quote]

Interesting...

Oh and by the way thanks for cramming the theme from Mr Bloom's Nursery back into my head :lol:
[/quote]

Not a problem. If I have to suffer, other people should too.

Annoying Bean!!!

[quote name='silentbob' timestamp='1342385119' post='1734194']
Just noticed that there's already a version 2.0 upgrade to the guitar version of this pedal which allows you to use six effects together by allowing you to scroll the screen, rather than three as before. Anybody know if this will be available on the B3 anytime soon?

[url="http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/g3/"]http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/g3/[/url]
[/quote]

Not too sure about the scroll function, but I could see that being incredibly useful for setting up Amp, EQ and Compression, and just leaving them on, then having 3 effects you're using as the 'active' displays.

[quote name='Dr M' timestamp='1342528581' post='1736583']
Not too sure about the scroll function, but I could see that being incredibly useful for setting up Amp, EQ and Compression, and just leaving them on, then having 3 effects you're using as the 'active' displays.
[/quote]

Now that's an idea I really like.

[/quote]

That's the one. There's that one, guitar and bass specific models and one with Blutooth for some as yet unknown reason. Looks pretty interesting. If it's full of decent effects I might get one to complement my M5.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1342993760' post='1743689']
Think I'm gonna try a B3. Anyone thinking about selling?
[/quote]

Good luck dude, if I see one up for sale I'll point em in your direction!

One thing to note, if you use it with other pedals on the same power supply, unless the output is isolated you'll probably get a lot of hiss.

I had a funny incident with mine over the weekend.
The graphics for about 5 of the fx disappeard from the first slot. They would appear fine in the other two and you could still turn them on and off.
A factory reset didn't fix it.

I think I just scrolled backwards and forwards through the fxs for a while and they came back.

Just glad I'd saved all my patches to the computer.

I'd only sell mine to fund an upgrade to a B3X or B5 (if they release such things)

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1343061850' post='1744585']
Has anyone asked already about how will the octave tracks? how far down can I get a -1 octave? E string? D or below?
[/quote]

I was going to post some examples tuned down to B, but I haven't had chance.
Darn kids getting in the way...

So I've had a few hours play on the B3! Things are looking and sounding rather good. Really childs play - I'm yet to open the bag with the manual in. Just don't need it. Everything is so simple and easy to understand.

I've made about ten patches that I am pretty sure that I can take to rehearsal tomorrow and will not need a great deal of tweaking. I LOVE that wet/dry mix control. Pretty essential!

I've had a listen to most of the factory presets and with most effects units, they show off the bells and whistles of the gadget in question, but I found the best thing to do was to start from scratch, So far, I've not bothered with any sims. I've set up some truly luscious patches just using my studio monitors. No EQ so I'm pretty sure I know what it will sound like through my rig.

So yes, I'm impressed. That's a lot of pedal for not a lot of money. I'll report back over the next few days. I think this could well be a keeper for the pedal board!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1343773209' post='1755178']
So yes, I'm impressed. That's a lot of pedal for not a lot of money. I'll report back over the next few days. I think this could well be a keeper for the pedal board![/quote]

Thanks for this. :) It wasn't for me initially as I was only interested in the amp sims, then it turned out I wouldn't need those anyway... but now I'm going to need certain FX on a few numbers in my new band, so it may well be worth revisiting.

Edited by discreet

Hi,

That's kinda my motivation for getting it too. I've just put together a new band that will require some very specific sounds - so I thought I'd grab one of these as it will allow me to scroll through and set up the 'stomp boxes' I will need for each song. However, now that I have it and seen what else it can do, it's going to be a handy practice tool too. I love that it runs on batteries, the USB audio ability will be great. It appears that in the manual, you can power the pedal via the USB port too. I can use the looper and drum machine when I teach too without having to load my laptop and run loops on that. All in all, this box of tricks may well be very useful. The amp sims that I have played with straight in to my studio monitors sounds good and minimal tweaking will get a very useable sound that I can drop in a mix. That's going to be handy for turning up, plugging and and recording demos without any fuss. I like that idea too. It seems to be very well built and those foot switches seem waaay more substantial that the ones on my ole Line 6 X3.
The only thing that I would have liked (and I see someone on YouTube has already modded a G3) is the ability to scroll through patches with a one touch foot switch, instead of leaning down and pressing the finger buttons, or going through the mini dance to put the unit in to patch mode. Not a biggy, but a nice to have. Even an external two button controller would be fine.

I'll be very happy if the B3 gets the G3 update that allows 6 effects at once. :)

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1343815916' post='1755545']
You can that's how I power mine :)

Excellent! Thank you!

[/quote]
[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1343816134' post='1755551']
Hey Dave! Don't suppose you'd consider another brief loan of your B3, would you..? :lol:
Looks like it may be an idea for me to get one after all! :blush: ;)
[/quote]

Where are you based? If you were nearby, you'd be welcome popping over for a gander.

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1343816619' post='1755564']
Where are you based? If you were nearby, you'd be welcome popping over for a gander.[/quote]

Thanks very much for the offer, Dan! I'm in SE London. I wouldn't want to put you out though, as Dave is practically next door... plus, there is the bonus that I have visiting rights on my... (ahem... [i]his[/i]) 76P... :lol: It's a great excuse!

76P?????? What's the address! I'll bring biscuits! he he he he!

Ok chap, that's no problem! Yup, it's a bit difficult getting out of Predator Country, what with all the grass down the middle of the roads and horse drawn carts that we use for public transport here!