Why become a member? ×

New Zoom B3

dannybuoy

Heh, double-edit cross. I haven't even tried any of the B3 stuff, I use FL Studio for everything. Although I have been using Edit & Share for moving patches about and downloading one or two from both here and TB, but that's about it.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='MarshallBTB' timestamp='1361647880' post='1988849']
...my line 6 expression pedal doesn't work with it.
[size=4][/quote][/size]
[size=4]I'm sure I read on TB that someone was using a Line 6 expression pedal with their B3.[/size]

[size=4]Edit: I'm assuming you set the Input and Output Levels under Expression Pedal Function > Total? :)[/size]

Edited by discreet

Just got a B3! Planning to replace my Pod X3 Live with this and a couple of other bits (inc expression pedal) and just take the B3 out for smaller gigs. But.....my line 6 expression pedal doesn't work with it.
Any advice on alternatives to the zoom one? It seems a bit small!.
[/quote]

The Ernie Ball VP Jr 25K apparently works if you use a stereo breakout cable and plug to input and output of the pedal. Otherwise, this [url="http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/EXP.html"]M-Audio[/url] one is quite popular amongst B3 users it seems.

Thanks for that, all the line 6 one does for me is switch to tuner/mute with the toe down.
Does anyone know if its possible to get both of the external functions (expression & switch) through the one jack somehow?
Loving the pedal so far, will be replacing my X3 Live for sure. The Pod is awesome and I'll be keeping it for guitar, but the Sims on this unit are a lot better/clearer (imo ofcourse), plus its soooo much easier to make quick changes.

Just got a B3! Planning to replace my Pod X3 Live with this and a couple of other bits (inc expression pedal) and just take the B3 out for smaller gigs. But.....my line 6 expression pedal doesn't work with it.
Any advice on alternatives to the zoom one? It seems a bit small!.
[/quote]

I think the Line 6 expression pedals work on their own form of black magic. I seem to recall reading that they threw the system everyone else has been using for years out the window and went for something completely proprietary (bizarrely based around a mono jack rather than stereo :huh: )

Anyway, I have the Zoom expression pedal and it's fantastic. A little smaller than some (it's probably 2 inches shorter than a crybaby - don't have them to hand to compare right now) but it's a rugged, die-cast casing, nice action, and good, grippy rubber top. Got it from Thomann for £28, and have no complaints.

[quote name='Dr M' timestamp='1361885555' post='1992406']

I think the Line 6 expression pedals work on their own form of black magic. I seem to recall reading that they threw the system everyone else has been using for years out the window and went for something completely proprietary (bizarrely based around a mono jack rather than stereo :huh: )

Anyway, I have the Zoom expression pedal and it's fantastic. A little smaller than some (it's probably 2 inches shorter than a crybaby - don't have them to hand to compare right now) but it's a rugged, die-cast casing, nice action, and good, grippy rubber top. Got it from Thomann for £28, and have no complaints.
[/quote]

Yep, single mono jack, didn't think anything of it at the time but your right that's different to most isn't it? Oh well.
I'll have a better look at the zoom pedal then, seems cheap as well.

Is anyone else confused by the 'signal path' options, or am I missing something.
On the B3 Global Setting for this, its represented by the three numbers with arrows - I'm assuming that the arrows are the direction of signal?
So the options are:
<1<2<3< or >1>2>3>.
But...If you change this setting in Edit&Share, its displayed as:
-1-2-3- or -3-2-1-.

The things that's confusing me is that '-1-2-3-' in the software = '<1<2<3<' on the B3.

Are the < > symbols arrows or are they supposed to be 'less than'/'greater than' ??
Or am I just too tired :mellow:

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The things that's confusing me is that '-1-2-3-' in the software = '<1<2<3<' on the B3.[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Are the < > symbols arrows or are they supposed to be 'less than'/'greater than' ??[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Or am I just too tired [/font][/color] :mellow:[/quote]

I think you'll find they are just arrows mate. ;)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<1<2<3< = Right to left[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>1>2>3 = Left to right[/font][/color]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='OzzyGreg' timestamp='1362300343' post='1997999']

I think you'll find they are just arrows mate. ;)

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]<1<2<3< = Right to left[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]>1>2>3 = Left to right[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Ha, one of those nights ....

[quote name='Ant' timestamp='1364163700' post='2022814']
So how easy is it to swap between patches whilst playing?
[/quote]

Can be a pain tbh.
Ok if you have it all set up for your set and know what's going to happen, but if you want to mess around a bit it can be annoying holding the first footswitch to get to patch mode/home. Would have been nice to be able to scroll through and then select the patch.
I put mine in an fx loop, so I can switch it out, get to the patch/effects I want and switch it back in. Works for me so far.
Still love the unit though, has to be the best multi fx price wise.

Edited by MarshallBTB

im seriously considering a b3 just for delays and all the weird sounds

ive always loved the especially crazy stuff from zoom, i thought they did it better than anyone, i need to find some samples or videos of the step, cry and all that madness!!

does anyone know of any videos that show off the synth sounds too

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='tonyclaret' timestamp='1361997365' post='1994294']
Anyone managed to get A decent wah setting out of this? I can't get anything i like.

I love this pedal, the amp sims are awesome!

As far as software recording goes I've been using GarageBand.
[/quote]

So that's a no on the wah then?
I've messed about a bit but none cut through in a live mix, or should I say enough to please my ears. Anyone any good wah patches before I hit the wallet for a decent wah?

[quote name='danbowskill' timestamp='1365541661' post='2041029']
Has anyone got a tech21 vt bass pedal and compared it to the svt sim on the B3??
If there is not much in it I might sell mine to fund towards 1 of these?
[/quote]

I've had both - and the BassDrive (SansAmp) on the B3 is awesome. There are lots of other drivers and pre-amps, too. The SVT sim is also awesome, as are all the other amp sims on there. The B3 is something of a bargain - but depending on your needs you may be better off waiting for the new Zoom MS-60B MultiStomp for Bass, which does a lot of what the B3 does, but in a much smaller (and cheaper) package. :)

[url="http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/ms-60b/"]http://www.zoom.co.jp/products/ms-60b/[/url]

Edited by discreet