Why become a member? ×

Mobile Site....

wateroftyne

Is there a URL I can go to explicitly to see the mobile site? I normally have my phone set to display pages as they would appear normally, it would be handy not to have to go into the options to turn on mobile view just to go look at basschat (which is one of the few sites which does work better in mobile view than regular on a phone.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1322133084' post='1446840'] Is there a URL I can go to explicitly to see the mobile site?[/quote]
It seems that the site auto detects your browser and gives you a skin based on what it sees. On my Android the URL is the same as my PC and they get different skins.

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1322134942' post='1446892']
It seems that the site auto detects your browser and gives you a skin based on what it sees. On my Android the URL is the same as my PC and they get different skins.
[/quote]

Damn, that's annoying. I only like mobile view if it gives an advantage (which in many cases it doesn't). I guess I'll just have to either use another browser just for basschat or go into the settings every time I visit.

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1322136095' post='1446919']
Damn, that's annoying. I only like mobile view if it gives an advantage (which in many cases it doesn't). I guess I'll just have to either use another browser just for basschat or go into the settings every time I visit.
[/quote]
There's a 'full site' button at the bottom. That seems to drop a cookie which keeps it in full site mode.

As it 'appens, I really rate the mobile site anyway. I can't see me shifting to full site too often.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1322136603' post='1446931']
There's a 'full site' button at the bottom. That seems to drop a cookie which keeps it in full site mode.

As it 'appens, I really rate the mobile site anyway. I can't see me shifting to full site too often.
[/quote]

That's double annoying, I'd like a button in full site mode which does the opposite - sets a cookie which keeps it in mobile mode overriding the flag in my phone's browser settings.

Mobile site is working fine on the iPhone but can not be activated on the iPad. Yet, the iPad Safari has slight problems with pop up dialogs, e.g. for posting a PM, which unfortunately renders them useless. Would be nice if the forum could be switched to plain HTML regardless of thr browser or device using it.

PS: I have to add the the design and usability is great otherwise. Maybe a plugin for ForumRunner or Talkatap would be helpful for monile devices.

Edited by oli@bass