Why become a member? ×

What length instrument cable?

charic

[quote name='Fat Rich' timestamp='1321021788' post='1434471']
This poll really needs a "Don't Know".

I really don't know how long my cables are and I want share this important information with you.

Or maybe "All different lengths".
[/quote]

I've added Don't know and the option for multiple lengths to be added :)

I use a really short one (2m/3m) if I'm using my practice amp, a longer 4m one with Neutrik Silent R/A jack on it, and a <10m (well, it started out as a twenty metre, then a 10m and short patches - the 4m above plus 2x 3m). the 10m one got mangled somehow (somebody probably ran over the end with a fully laden trolley :) ), so it became 8m long, and had the addition of a normal Neutrik R/A plug on it

BTW, I make all my own cables, so they're customised to a certain extent

HTH,
Ian

I use the shortest one I can sensibly get away with - not for any sonic considerations just to avoid loads of cable lying around and getting trodden on.

I don't dance around much (rare in a bassist I know!) and, having never played Glastonbury, have little need for long leads. 3m works for most of the places we play but I also have 5m spares in my gig bag should I feel like being a bit more adventurous.