Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316625483' post='1380606']
I don't know if there's a 'huge bug' with the particular part you refer to, because nobody else seems to be having that particular problem, so it may well be an isolated issue. I can appreciate it must be frustrating but you could try marking everything as read and see if that helps. Rest assured, we are looking to fix every single little issue one at a time.
[/quote]

Hi Ped,

Appreciate all your efforts. I've followed your suggestion above (mark all read) and it's made no difference ... here, at least, it's either a huge bug or a hugely misleading user interface (meaning: according to *my* understanding I've clicked the right things, but I might need to do something else to get the result I want). Anyway ... for clarity, I've logged it as a separate bug [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/155964-view-new-content-just-items-i-follow-completely-broken-here/"]here[/url] complete with explanatory screenshot.

Cheers, Andy

Thanks Andy, it'll be on the list for tomorrow. Hopefully we can sort it, but I wonder if anyone else has the same problem as nobody has mentioned it. It's a strange one for sure and way beyond my capability to even synthesise a hypothesis as to what the issue might be... Ben will hopefully shed some light on it!!

[quote name='Spoombung' timestamp='1316717252' post='1381970']
The site is running very slowly indeed. Disappointing because it was always a fast loader before the changes.
[/quote]

It's very slow here too. It's the slowest loading site I access by far and it makes accessing and contributing a bit of a pain tbh.

Peter

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316787047' post='1382924']

No problem. Could you possible use a different browser to see if its your PC or IE8?
[/quote]
Yep it's definitely a browser issue. I have Firefox and it works ok but I still need to keep reporting the issues until they are resolved ... for the greater good.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1316787499' post='1382937']
Yep it's definitely a browser issue. I have Firefox and it works ok but I still need to keep reporting the issues until they are resolved ... for the greater good.
[/quote]

Good thinking, im sure there are still 10000's of people using IE8, i know of two big companies still no IE6.

I work for a bank that only upgraded from IE6 this year - lots of places still on it, mostly due to not wanting to develop their old applications for IE8. That said - I don't think moderm websites should have to support it, it puts a limit on certain things that can be included that rely on more current standards of browser.

[quote name='gafbass02' timestamp='1316860635' post='1383732']
I simply can't use the site on my iPhone, it's desperately slow and unresponsive. Which is gutting as that where I'm visiting from pretty much the whole time. :) gutted.
[/quote]

Im still having a iPhone problem as well. The pages are fine but any typing is really, really slow.