Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1316460848' post='1378374']
I'm sure, if this was a serious proposal, we'd all be willing.
[/quote]
It is - we get some donations from people who sell items and now I'm selling polo shirts too but we're sailing close to the wind with all that's happened recently. It would be nice to buy the fastest and best server we can but I can't afford it myself yet.

There have been some performance tweaks just now, so the site should be much quicker.

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316460997' post='1378379']
It is - we get some donations from people who sell items and now I'm selling polo shirts too but we're sailing close to the wind with all that's happened recently. It would be nice to buy the fastest and best server we can but I can't afford it myself yet.

There have been some performance tweaks just now, so the site should be much quicker.

ped
[/quote]
May I suggest you start an appeal thread specifically for a server upgrade, where members can check in and donate? I'm game to bung a couple of quid in the kitty to start the ball rolling and I'm a tight arse Aberdonian... just think what regular people would do. :)

A few updates:

Speed - now really fast (or should be)

Spiderman - should be dancing again soon (happyjack's avatar)

Mobile interface - full site now working on mobiles, specific mobile skin app being worked on as an option at the moment.

Calender should be on the way - on it

Smaller issues raised by others RE browser issues/niggles - all being sorted bit by bit

Thanks again for the patience and keep the faith, we're getting there!

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1316468532' post='1378576']
May I suggest you start an appeal thread specifically for a server upgrade, where members can check in and donate? I'm game to bung a couple of quid in the kitty to start the ball rolling and I'm a tight arse Aberdonian... just think what regular people would do. :)
[/quote]

OK I'm going to set a donation target on the home page. Setup and server will be about £500 all told to last about 2 months, so I'll see how it goes. Good idea :) I don;t like to beg but it would be nice to have lot sof space for us to stretch our legs.

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316469560' post='1378596']
A few updates:

Speed - now really fast (or should be)

Spiderman - should be dancing again soon (happyjack's avatar)

Mobile interface - full site now working on mobiles, specific mobile skin app being worked on as an option at the moment.

Calender should be on the way - on it

Smaller issues raised by others RE browser issues/niggles - all being sorted bit by bit

Thanks again for the patience and keep the faith, we're getting there!
[/quote]
Cheers, Ped - everyone's efforts are appreciated.

The biggie for me (and I suspect a few others) is the multiple notifications issue. is that still on the 'to-do' list?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1316469922' post='1378603']
Cheers, Ped - everyone's efforts are appreciated.

The biggie for me (and I suspect a few others) is the multiple notifications issue. is that still on the 'to-do' list?
[/quote]
It is, but unfortunately it's not something we can change. Maybe there will be an update released by Invasion at some point. For now, I just use the 'new content' filters and I can easily track my threads there. on less busy threads the notifications are great, but on threads like this they get a bit much, so just use them wisely, I guess.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1316468532' post='1378576']
[/quote]
Actually we should be OK for a little while now, so no need to loosen your sphincter just yet :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1316470722' post='1378619']
Wow.... really? That's a heck of an omission by the developers..! (forum software, not BC.)

Frustrating....
[/quote]
Aye, hence my hope there will be a fix. I'm glad the 'new content' section is so well designed though.

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1316504359' post='1378787']
Woo! I've finally got the desktop version on my iPhone! No more crappy mobile version :)

I'm happy now, thanks :)
[/quote]

I take your point, but the old mobile version was really a lot faster when my signal was weak :)

[quote name='Bigwan' timestamp='1316514114' post='1378928']
Like the look of things so far, especially the mobile version. Only problem I'm having is that sometimes I can use the mobile site and sometimes it's the full site (iPhone 4). Any ideas why?
[/quote]
It's probably being worked on at the moment so it'll be a bit 'up and down' until it's announced as finished, which I'll do on the news feed.

Cheers

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316470183' post='1378608']
It is, but unfortunately it's not something we can change. Maybe there will be an update released by Invasion at some point. For now, I just use the 'new content' filters and I can easily track my threads there. on less busy threads the notifications are great, but on threads like this they get a bit much, so just use them wisely, I guess.
[/quote]

Ped, sounds like you're doing what I'm doing (relying on 'My content' rather than notifications for this thread). That's working well for me now that [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/155619-new-site-problem-ordering-of-my-content/page__fromsearch__1"]this bug[/url] appears to be fixed.

Andy