Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316422025' post='1377696']

I turn notifications off when i went to bed. I knew what i would find if i didnt. Just as well this thread slowed down over night.
[/quote]
I coulda done too but I wanted to see what would happen. And my finding are that there doesn't see to be any consistency with the notifications. From this thread alone I had a single notification containing 7 replies plus a further (say) 7 individual replies. The potential to be like it was before is there... it just doesn't happen every time.

[quote name='Toasted' timestamp='1316422830' post='1377709']
How do I turn off signatures? They're more annoying than on the old site. Otherwise, I really like the improvement. It feels a lot more modern.
[/quote]
Hover over someone's signature, and you'll see a little cross at the right-hand side of the signature. Click it, and it gives you the option of ignoring that signature, or ignoring all signatures.

Turning them back on... I have no idea. :)

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1316422976' post='1377710']
I coulda done too but I wanted to see what would happen. And my finding are that there doesn't see to be any consistency with the notifications. From this thread alone I had a single notification containing 7 replies plus a further (say) 7 individual replies. The potential to be like it was before is there... it just doesn't happen every time.
[/quote]
Are you using Gmail, Rich? I do, and it groups reply notifications from each user into a conversation thread. So if someone replies to a thread 7 times, there'll be 7 notifications in one conversation in Gmail, and another Gmail conversation for each responder to the thread.

[quote name='BottomEndian' timestamp='1316423392' post='1377719']
Hover over someone's signature, and you'll see a little cross at the right-hand side of the signature. Click it, and it gives you the option of ignoring that signature, or ignoring all signatures.

[/quote]
Hey that's a really good feature. I don't have to feel embarrassed about my acreage any more. :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' timestamp='1316423392' post='1377719']

[/quote]

Thank you!

[quote name='BottomEndian' timestamp='1316423541' post='1377721']
Are you using Gmail, Rich? I do, and it groups reply notifications from each user into a conversation thread. So if someone replies to a thread 7 times, there'll be 7 notifications in one conversation in Gmail, and another Gmail conversation for each responder to the thread.
[/quote]

Good call. I am and that does seem to be the case. It didn't used to be like this before though - they all used to come in as general Basschat notifications linked by the section of the forum it originated from not the member.

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1316424021' post='1377732']

Good call. I am and that does seem to be the case. It didn't used to be like this before though - they all used to come in as general Basschat notifications linked by the section of the forum it originated from not the member.
[/quote]
Yeah, they all nested into one conversation, with one notification per thread until you visited the forum. Ah, the old days... *wipes away tear of misty nostalgia*

:)

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316420772' post='1377682']

Still at [url="http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/"]http://wiki.basschat.co.uk/[/url] , apparently not linked from this site.

Andy
[/quote]
Thanks Andy - but the content is not there! I wanted to quote the setup guide to another BCer, when I followed the link I thought great, but it was not to be.

Never mind,
Cheerz, John

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1316424704' post='1377747']
Thanks Andy - but the content is not there! I wanted to quote the setup guide to another BCer, when I followed the link I thought great, but it was not to be.

Never mind,
Cheerz, John
[/quote]

Okay ... I must admit I didn't check, but I just looked and found [i]some[/i] content. I can only assume the specific thing you're looking for is now missing.

Andy

Edited by BigBeatNut

[quote name='janmaat' timestamp='1316382443' post='1377458']
I confess that I don't like the facebook integration at all.

Every time you visit a page that has a facebook like button on it, information about you is sent to facebook via that iframe. Even if you don't click "like", the fact that you visit this site is transmitted to facebook (if you are logged into fb on another tab, for instance). If you log into fb later, it can see you have been visiting this site. If you do not have an fb account, but create one in the future, all the past data that has already been collected will be used by facebook and sold for advertisement purposes. You will soon see all these bass related adds on your facebook page...

One of the German states has now made the facebook like button ILLEGAL for this reason...

I have removed it from all the sites I am running... And would seriously like you guys to do the same, do me a favour. What the hell, we don't need facebook do we, licking up to such a ... well ...
[/quote]

No issue, no offence, nobody?

how can I edit the title of a post?
eg: when a bass is sold or the conditions have changed.
I cant seem to find a way of editing the 'title' as the 'edit option' seems to only allow change to the content.
please advise...thanks

BTW: and what about titling a link has that option also gone? Do you have to know HTML code to do it?

Edited by Shonks

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1316431643' post='1377844']
how can I edit the title of a post?
eg: when a bass is sold or the conditions have changed.
I cant seem to find a way of editing the 'title' as the 'edit option' seems to only allow change to the content.
please advise...thanks
[/quote]

You need to use the Full editor. That should (used to) let you edit the title.

Whilst I appreciate it's all new and things take a while to sort out I'm not liking the mobile side of things, I'm trying to look at the latest posts on a thread ie "how was your gig last night" and the button on the left takes me to posts from 2008! I then can't shortcut to the end without scrolling through about 120 pages. Of course I might be missing something here, please tell me if so!
Also the mobile interface does not allow you to change your setting etc, just a basic menu, will this change? Would really like the option to use the full site as before although I'm sure I read somewhere this will be added soon.

[quote name='barneyg42' timestamp='1316434907' post='1377921']
Whilst I appreciate it's all new and things take a while to sort out I'm not liking the mobile side of things, I'm trying to look at the latest posts on a thread ie "how was your gig last night" and the button on the left takes me to posts from 2008! I then can't shortcut to the end without scrolling through about 120 pages. Of course I might be missing something here, please tell me if so!
[/quote]
Tap the star to the left of the thread title, and it'll take you to the last unread post.

Ped.. an FAQ for this stuff would *really* help... :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1316435288' post='1377925']
Tap the star to the left of the thread title, and it'll take you to the last unread post.

Ped.. an FAQ for this stuff would *really* help... :)
[/quote]

Yup it's just finding the time - remember I have a job too!

Mobile interface is being looked at and we'll have the option to use the full site. We actually had that at the beginning so don't know why it's gone!