Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316371455' post='1377104']

You probably want to go to your [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications"]notifications page[/url] and make sure nothing (or next to nothing) is set to email.

As soon as I can figure out how to upload attachments, I'll show what I've got set.

Andy
[/quote]

Cheers Andy.
Ive messed about quite a bit in there but cant quite figure it out. All im getting now are emails about anyone quoting my posts, and so far ive had both yours and BottomEndian's but no general post notifications.

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316371455' post='1377104']
As soon as I can figure out how to upload attachments, I'll show what I've got set.
[/quote]

Dear Mods,

I appear to be able to attach images via some forums/threads, but not this one. Why is that ?

Attachment (uploaded via another forum) showing how I've set notifications --->
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:89706]

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316373138' post='1377145']

Dear Mods,

I appear to be able to attach images via some forums/threads, but not this one. Why is that ?

Attachment (uploaded via another forum) showing how I've set notifications --->
[/quote]

Wont those settings just give you a list of notifications in you account area?

Ill give them a try anyway, cheers.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316368371' post='1377027']
Can someone let me know the correct notification setting so I don't keep getting instant notifications.
I turned it to off and offline and didn't get any, turned it back on and I've just noticed 20+ emails in my inbox just from this thread alone.

Cheers.
[/quote]
+1
Also is anyone else finding the site a little slow?

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316373629' post='1377162']

Wont those settings just give you a list of notifications in you account area?

Ill give them a try anyway, cheers.
[/quote]

That's my preference, yeah. I'd sooner have that than storms of emails.

You could tweak that to change some classes of notifications by email. Don't know how you'd do it on a topic-by-topic basis though ? Was that the question you were trying to get answered ?

Andy

My first reaction is that there's far too much white space. The home screen is now three times as long as it used to be.

In the forums, a one-line post takes up a lot of space due to the enormous amount of real-estate that is now allocated to username, avatar and all the mostly meaningless twaddle that appears underneath it, and then there's extra space for the Report/Multiquote/Quote buttons.

Huge signatures also have too much prominence - it's almost impossible to find any content in the posts by Ou7shined and KiOgon, for example.

I'm sure someone will find the new features useful. I think it's a step backwards in readability.

Edited by pete.young

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316374696' post='1377191']

That's my preference, yeah. I'd sooner have that than storms of emails.

You could tweak that to change some classes of notifications by email. Don't know how you'd do it on a topic-by-topic basis though ? Was that the question you were trying to get answered ?

Andy
[/quote]

It seems to be all or nothing as far as i can see. I did have this trouble before the change over as well IIR.

[quote name='daz' timestamp='1316376086' post='1377234']
I seem to have notifications of someone quoting a post of mine when they didnt. Dunno what thats about ? Is there any way to turn that notification feature off ?
[/quote]

Yes. Go in to settings/Notifications and you can turn off notifications for when people quote you.