Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

Sorry, probably been answered but haven't got time to read 10 plus pages - how does one search within a sub forum, eg For sale basses. If I wanted to, say, search for "fretless" with the old site I would just type at the bottom of the FS Basses page and hey presto - now I cannot see any such option?

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1316377047' post='1377266']
Or spell check, or edit my posts properly it seems. Gah. Do not like.
[/quote]
Ive lost spell checking using IE9. On all other websites i can select "force spell check" but not on this site. Yes, i can spell but my typing is atrocious :-)

Heres a strange thing. I had something typed in the fast/quick reply box. I then scrolled up to your post and hit quote and it put you message in the reply box, in front of the text i had already entered.
Ive not seen that before. Handy feature.

I noticed that certain text under avatars (interests etc) can over spill into the main text area - post 285 and 292, on page 15 of Silddx's "Chris Squire Electra Evolution" in the Build Diaries forum are an example.

Seems that long lines of text with no spaces are not wrapped within the boundaries.....not a big deal, i suppose, but annoying to see text over text.

Edit : And it is certainly bright - I have tried to change the contrast/brightness, but cannot seem to find a good compromise - my eyes are hurting and I'm getting a headache.

Edited by arsenic

arrrggggggggggg! never had that many emails before- turned off all the notifications - shame you had to repair something that wasn't broke!

I preferred the old site much more than this - lets face it - this site aint so important to anyone that we need multiple ways to connect to it.

aaarrrrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316377888' post='1377295']

I've got the same result. In IE8 (windows XP) the button is missing.

Get yourself a decent browser, download chrome :)
[/quote]

Ive just managed to recreate this by switching IE9 to compatibility mode so it does seem like its not fully compatible with IE8.

On the upside ive got my Force Spell check option back so im going to keep it set like this.

One step forward, one step back.

i do like the fact that finally we can read what's been posted from the email notifications.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='BigBeatNut' timestamp='1316378415' post='1377310']

Doh ..... the button IS there in IE8 for me ... I just forgot to log in on IE8.

Sorry for confusing the issue ....
[/quote]

Funny enough ive just noticed it on the left hand side using IE9 in Compatability mode.

Ou7shined, have you looked on the left hand side? Its just above the OP's avatar/thread title on my PC.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1316374958' post='1377198']
My first reaction is that there's far too much white space. The home screen is now three times as long as it used to be.

In the forums, a one-line post takes up a lot of space due to the enormous amount of real-estate that is now allocated to username, avatar and all the mostly meaningless twaddle that appears underneath it, and then there's extra space for the Report/Multiquote/Quote buttons.

Huge signatures also have too much prominence - it's almost impossible to find any content in the posts by Ou7shined and KiOgon, for example.

I'm sure someone will find the new features useful. I think it's a step backwards in readability.
[/quote]

You can hide signatures if they bother you under the 'ignore' setting in your control panel.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1316375044' post='1377199']
And you've broken my avatar. What are those black bars top and bottom?
[/quote]

Images were copied from the old forum so you may have to re-upload and adjust as you see fit

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316378530' post='1377313']

Funny enough ive just noticed it on the left hand side using IE9 in Compatability mode.

Ou7shined, have you looked on the left hand side? Its just above the OP's avatar/thread title on my PC.
[/quote]
Haha I was just coming back to say I found it on the left. :)
Don't know if it was always there as I'm doing this on a 40" screen at a huge HD res and everything is wee.