Why become a member? ×

New Basschat Features

ped

Ive just noticed my PM's seem a bit harder to read, especially ones with a few replies in them. It looks like the different replies within the PM are just separated by the word Quote. Am i missing something?, will this be refined at all?

EDIT: It seems like its just the old PM's not converted properly, the new ones seem to be fine.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316340615' post='1376629']
Ive just noticed my PM's seem a bit harder to read, especially ones with a few replies in them. It looks like the different replies within the PM are just separated by the word Quote. Am i missing something?, will this be refind at all?
[/quote]

I think quote tags on the old forum worked differently so perhaps we can change that so old posts display correctly. The new PM system works really nicely, though.

Cheers

[quote name='ShergoldSnickers' timestamp='1316303812' post='1376468']
Oh oh.... reputation system. That'll modify some behaviour. Or will it? :) :)
[/quote]

Reputation system? Where? I must have missed it :)

Looks good, clean and tidy and all.

My only concern is that non-members seem to be able to access our profiles and info that was previously not visible to the outside world.

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316341233' post='1376635']

I think quote tags on the old forum worked differently so perhaps we can change that so old posts display correctly. The new PM system works really nicely, though.

Cheers
[/quote]

Yeah, the new PM's look really nice.

One other niggle, im getting emails each time someone posts, is there a way of only getting one notification per visit?

Cheers.

EDIT: Ignor that, i see the notification system is a lot more configurable, ill work it out.

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' timestamp='1316342107' post='1376649']

Yeah, the new PM's look really nice.

One other niggle, im getting emails each time someone posts, is there a way of only getting one notification per visit?

Cheers.

EDIT: Ignor that, i see the notification system is a lot more configurable, ill work it out.
[/quote]

Perhaps - have a look in the settings tab under your username. I set emails only for PMs and a red flag on site for anything else...

I'm just going to leave the computer for a while, was up late and have some bits to do for next week - please keep posting ideas and comments and me and Ben will be along later to tackle each and every one that we can.

Cheers for the feedback thus far

ped

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1316342219' post='1376651']

Perhaps - have a look in the settings tab under your username. I set emails only for PMs and a red flag on site for anything else...
[/quote]

Thanks, i have had a look (and did enable emails) but cant quite figure out how to just get the one per visit.

There will inevitably be a few oddities to put right over the coming weeks where schemas haven't matched but the new site seems to work pretty well and is certainly cleaner looking than the old one.
The only minor niggle I've noticed with it so far is that the profile pics are now constrained to square.

Job well done guys - outstanding effort! :)