Why become a member? ×

When Norman Watt-Roy needs a dep... who does he call?

wateroftyne

[quote name='gjones' post='1339277' date='Aug 14 2011, 04:54 AM']They love you really Guy.

Oooooh, you get to play 'Hit me with your rhythm stick' how exciting![/quote]
We do :)

Good luck with the gig, and don't forget to spare some time in your busy rock-and-roll-lifestyle to write a 2nd installment :)

I think GP is a great player and top pro, a very funny geezer with some acid wit.
Seen his stand up show, its real good fun.
Not sure what all the bashing is about.

Guy knows what he is doing and there [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iF47M3YDlg"]Aint no doubt[/url] ,superb in feel & tone and plenty of groove.

Garry

[quote name='douggie' post='1339274' date='Aug 14 2011, 03:25 AM']Guy Pratt would like to say thanks to all the people who've posted nice positive things about him here..As for the bashers, he's rather puzzled as to what he's ever done to them? Perhaps if they could give examples of his most heinous crimes so he could at least respond?[/quote]

He had a great play..... and looked as if was having a lot of fun with the guys..... good set, great playing on his part, rest of the band where on full bore too.. shame they were not on later on in the bill they would have gone down better in the evening and should have been ... shell pink jazz well not my colour but it sounded good..

Felt sorry for Badly drawn boy they really fooked up his sound, like him or not, surely the sound guys could have done better.

How those pickups going I chopped you 'douggie' hope they are doing ok, they are pretty good 'uns

Shell Pink??????

That was Betsy, my Burgundy Mist 64 Jazz on a rare outing..

It was great fun all round, although it would've been nice to have just one rehearsal..

Thanks everyone, you see proper bass players are such a nice supportive band of brothers..,

Cheers!

G

P.S. Leave poor old Adam Clayton alone..I don't care how big his house is, if I had to play what he does year in year out I'd have gone down Sainsbury's with an Uzi years ago....

[quote name='douggie' post='1339463' date='Aug 14 2011, 11:35 AM']Shell Pink??????

That was Betsy, my Burgundy Mist 64 Jazz on a rare outing..

It was great fun all round, although it would've been nice to have just one rehearsal..

Thanks everyone, you see proper bass players are such a nice supportive band of brothers..,

Cheers!

G

P.S. Leave poor old Adam Clayton alone..I don't care how big his house is, if I had to play what he does year in year out I'd have gone down Sainsbury's with an Uzi years ago....[/quote]

Sorry, I could see the colour I had been supplied with free lager all afternoon, Mrs was very non +, must have just been my retinas, rose tinted.... Blinding playing full stop and now you tell no you did no run up, I am in awe..., No way I could pick up that quick, not playing those tunes.....

Edited by dan670844

i got tickets to see the blockheads at torrington in devon on the 3rd sept,
i once saw the legendary man n the band in the 80's so really looking forward to it,
hope norman is there on bass but i'm sure it will be a great nite whoevers on bass.
does anybody know who's on the mic doing the vocals?

[quote name='douggie' post='1339463' date='Aug 14 2011, 11:35 AM']It was great fun all round, although it would've been nice to have just one rehearsal..[/quote]
No rehearsal?! Good to see that it's just as slack further up the musical tree when it comes to deps.

Good to see you here GP, loved the book BTW.

[quote name='Bassman Sam' post='1339448' date='Aug 14 2011, 11:23 AM']I can ever understand the Guy Pratt bashing, is it jealousy? :) I wish I had his talent.[/quote]

I was blissfully unaware that there had been any 'bashing' of Guy! Who ever was doing said bashing though clearly has no idea as he's a remarkably talented player.

I spotted him playing guitar the other night on Rob Brydon's show with him and Sophie Ellis Bextor! Didn't expect him to be behind an acoustic.

I was near the stage at Cropredy for the Blockeads set and IMHO Guy played really well. Yes there was the odd chord change fluffed and a fair bit of eye contact needed between his band mates to cue endings and such, but he was honestly very very good. I wish I could play as well as he can. He used Betsy, which fitted the bill nicely. It seems he borrowed Norm's Trace Elliot rig, though.

I agree that the Blockheads were on at a debatable time slot.

[quote name='witterth' post='1340753' date='Aug 15 2011, 03:17 PM']so what was Norm using then?^

I never knew Norm was a trace elliot man anyone know what he has? ( that Guy used....gear bore question)[/quote]

Norm Has used Trace for a very long time..... although with Wilco he uses some lightweight gear im not sure but I think its either TC or Tecamp, prob given it ............... His Trace head is a AH1200 with a 1048H and 1518C before that he was using a Series 6 AH1200 with 1048H and 1518C he used that for a very long time...