Why become a member? ×

The best P-bass I've seen for a long time!

KiOgon

[attachment=86397:2011LtdCabroBass.jpg]
Really like the look & description of this - but if they're only making 30 - what's the chances of even seeing one :)
[url="http://www.musik-schmidt.de/gb-Fender-Custom-Shop-LTD-Relic-La-Cabronita-Porrazo-Precision-Bass-BLK.html"]<3k Euros![/url]

Edited by KiOgon

[quote name='dan2112' post='1330337' date='Aug 6 2011, 08:52 PM']When I saw John Mayer live, his guitarist was using a tele version of that bass. Looked very cool :)
[attachment=86436:23715_14...839502_n.jpg][/quote]

David Ryan Harris... amazing player.

I like the bass more than anything Fender have put out recently, but i get the feeling I won't be so forthcoming with the price of it.

[quote name='risingson' post='1330539' date='Aug 7 2011, 01:05 AM']David Ryan Harris... amazing player.

I like the bass more than anything Fender have put out recently, but i get the feeling I won't be so forthcoming with the price of it.[/quote]

+1 (had my eyes more on him than John Mayer!!!)....though probably wouldn't cost much to do a bitsa bass?

[quote name='dan2112' post='1330554' date='Aug 7 2011, 01:22 AM']+1 (had my eyes more on him than John Mayer!!!)....though probably wouldn't cost much to do a bitsa bass?[/quote]

He's cooler than John Mayer IMO and is less prone to saying stupid things! Both sickeningly good guitarists though. On the bass front, possibly not, but they tend to charge through the roof for stuff like this.

[quote name='lanark' post='1330528' date='Aug 7 2011, 12:39 AM']+2[/quote]

+3.

Apart from it's possible collectible value, from a practical point of view, a G&L SB1 or SB2 would wipe the floor with it in every other way....for about a fifth of the price. :)

Depends on whether you want an investment or a bass.

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1330864' date='Aug 7 2011, 12:44 PM']I read it in B5's post, £2600 is a bargain for £150's worth of bass after all then. :)[/quote]

The only people who and up with Fender custom shop guitars and basses are celebrity guitarists/bassists (who get given them for free) and dentists (who buy the things to display them in their living rooms).

[quote name='Vibrating G String' post='1330538' date='Aug 7 2011, 01:03 AM']When will they get the strings to line up with the fret markers?[/quote]

Yer , not exactly Precision engineering is it? never has been.
Thats why Fender put the blocks markers on the Jazz Bass, then it did not matter... :)
I wonder if it comes complete with dead spots.

Garry