Why become a member? ×

Bought a bass on here, and Parcel Force delivered it!

Moos3h

Hi folks,

Just thought I'd give a bit of credit to Parcel Force. Having realised yesterday that the bass the seller kindly made a big effort to post to me on Thursday via 24 hour was not going to arrive, I gave their customer services desk a ring. They found out that it had suffered an unknown delay in their Cleveland branch and it hadn't been scheduled for delivery until Monday. The lady on the phone rang the depot, arranged for an upgrade to Saturday delivery and to a different address - I really didn't hold out much hope, but it arrived at 8.30 this morning!

Now, I know you could always say they should have delivered it when promised anyway, but at least they put something right rather than just shrugging their shoulders and not taking an interest.

Cheers,
James

[quote name='Moos3h' post='1313800' date='Jul 23 2011, 01:46 PM']Hi folks,

Just thought I'd give a bit of credit to Parcel Force. Having realised yesterday that the bass the seller kindly made a big effort to post to me on Thursday via 24 hour was not going to arrive, I gave their customer services desk a ring. They found out that it had suffered an unknown delay in their Cleveland branch and it hadn't been scheduled for delivery until Monday. The lady on the phone rang the depot, arranged for an upgrade to Saturday delivery and to a different address - I really didn't hold out much hope, but it arrived at 8.30 this morning!

Now, I know you could always say they should have delivered it when promised anyway, but at least they put something right rather than just shrugging their shoulders and not taking an interest.[/quote]

But you still had to call THEM when a paid for Parcel 24 had NOT arrived within 24 hours.
So Business as usual with Parcel Farce then.... :)

Garry

Edited by lowdown

Parcel force lost a door to a flight case I bought off eBay and refused to do anything about it because it 'wasn't packaged properly' and delayed the delivery of my grabber by close to a month. Not a fan, 2 epic fails.

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1313931' date='Jul 23 2011, 04:39 PM']Was you out when they called? - Did they chuck it over yer back garden fence in the pouring rain? - Must have only happened to me then!! :)[/quote]
This happened to my wife. Well, not my wife, to about £300 worth of fancy soap. They didn't hide my wife behind the bins in a storm only to be found in one huge lump a week later.

[quote name='Hobbayne' post='1313931' date='Jul 23 2011, 04:39 PM']Was you out when they called? - Did they chuck it over yer back garden fence in the pouring rain? - Must have only happened to me then!! :lol:[/quote]

Standard delivery service - if in doubt, leave it out.
Company policy i believe.

Unfair to critisize a company who follows their own policy. :)

Sunday morning laugh :)

Dave

[quote name='paul_5' post='1314364' date='Jul 24 2011, 12:13 AM']still waiting for them to replace a 4u flight case that they smashed for me. I mean, how hard is it to pick something up and then put it down again in a different place without snapping bits off?[/quote]

This is down to a complete lack of training I believe.
Full lifting and set down procedures must be adhered to at all times based on the manual handling rules and regulations and therefore all employees must attend a 3 month course on how to safely and securely lift a small parcel and then strategically lob into the rear compartment of a large van before repeating the process several times and subsequently retrieving the said pieces which have now been seperated or damaged during the uncontrolled travel procedure.

Travel procedures are not covered by the manual handling rules and regulations and therefore not the responsibility of the carrier whose vehicle is being used to good tumble drier effect over several 100 miles.

Vehicles obviously come in different lengths and the throwing action has to be carefully calculated to ensure all parcels bounce off the rear cabin wall and not the side walls before landing safely and securely on the other unsecured damaged parcels. That is why training is paramount to the operation and ensure your parcel is delivered with all parts in tact or at least in the one box.

Obviously I'm not bitter either.

Dave
:)

Edited by dmccombe7

MB1. :)
Sold a pedal on here sent it on a friday first class registered...not next day silver service.I inform the buyer its on its way,which the buyer responds to the next day with" just left you feedback ,Cheers im using it now? ":lol: :)

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='1316865' date='Jul 26 2011, 12:06 PM']Still waiting for an item dispatched on Thursday with Parcelforce 48 hour delivery......! The tracking number does not work and no-one knows where it is.[/quote]

Silly questions:

1. Could the person who sent it to you have made a typo when sending the tracking info?
2. Do you trust the sender (giving false tracking numbers is a common tactic for scammers to delay people from realising whats happening)?

Having said that, a friend of mine bought a 4x12 on eBay and parcelforce somehow managed to lose it. I suspect that someone worked out what it was and stole it. There was also a thread on musicradar a while back by a guy who had a custom pedal go "missing" at a depot and then a few weeks later his pedal turned up on eBay (the serial numbers matched). :)

[quote name='uncle psychosis' post='1316937' date='Jul 26 2011, 12:58 PM']Having said that, a friend of mine bought a 4x12 on eBay and parcelforce somehow managed to lose it. I suspect that someone worked out what it was and stole it. [b]There was also a thread on musicradar a while back by a guy who had a custom pedal go "missing" at a depot and then a few weeks later his pedal turned up on eBay (the serial numbers matched). :)[/quote][/b]

Oooh that's a sore one. Do you know what the outcome was. Did he manage to get Police involved. ?

Dave

[quote name='dmccombe7' post='1318653' date='Jul 27 2011, 07:38 PM'][/b]

Oooh that's a sore one. Do you know what the outcome was. Did he manage to get Police involved. ?

Dave[/quote]

The seller (Analog Mike) sent him another one. The police did naff all.

Thread here:

[url="http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55434"]http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55434[/url]

[quote name='uncle psychosis' post='1318681' date='Jul 27 2011, 08:56 PM']The seller (Analog Mike) sent him another one. The police did naff all.

Thread here:

[url="http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55434"]http://www.musicradar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55434[/url][/quote]

Unbelieveable !!!!
Why does ebay not do something about it.
More importantly the Police should have taken an interest but they would be too busy with "paperwork" to be bothered getting off their backsides. The usual story.

I'm really stunned by this when all the facts and serial numbers are all there.
If i was a solicitor myself i would take this on free gratis just for the sheer satisfaction of nailing the git at Parcelforce.

I know he got another one but its my insurance premiums that are affected by all the insurance claims and all because a major postage company won't investigate their own staff when hard facts are p in front of them.

I need a drink to calm my nerves before bed.

Aaaahhhhh !!!

Dave
:) :)