Why become a member? ×

Lemmy The Movie on BBC4 tonight (Friday)

molan

I thought the programme was really good, and he comes across as a decent guy.

Thing is, and no surprises really, considering his lifestyle, in a few of the parts, he looked like he was dead, but had just not stopped moving yet.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='1313503' date='Jul 23 2011, 07:46 AM']Thing is, and no surprises really, considering his lifestyle, in a few of the parts, he looked like he was dead, but had just not stopped moving yet.[/quote]

I think getting thrown out of Hawkwind for having a drug problem is something no one else on earth could have achieved and still be alive

[quote name='molan' post='1313443' date='Jul 23 2011, 12:58 AM']Anyone watch the Hawkwind programme afterwards?

I once monitor engineered for them at a gig - absolute hoot & they kicked some serious ass live![/quote]
Saw most of that too, very interesting!

Hi
I watched the Lemmy movie and enjoyed, also watched the Hawkwind doc, nearly pi$$ed myself when they told you how the name was concieved.
Apparently Nik Turner was always clearing his throat (hawking) and doing long musical farts (the wind section).
Regards
Jim

I thought the first hour of the Lemmy film was interesting but after that it lost it's way. It would appear to be first class rock god you have to be a very unusual person, and all of the people interviewed were martyring themselves to the cause. I've seen and read this before and drawn the same conclusion but it was most evident listening to Lemmy's comments on fatherhood and his attitude to women. And I bet he's got a lot more memorabilia in that crazy apartment that he doesn't show to cameras.

The Lemmy documentary was extrememly intseresting to watch. However, for the full effect, I highly reccomend the special [url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lemmy-DVD/dp/B00478P25Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311452890&sr=8-1"]DVD[/url] to all fans. with an extra dvd of special extras and gigs.

Edited by daz

• 4 months later...

[quote name='arthurhenry' timestamp='1311441482' post='1314037']
Couldn't help thinking about how much his apartment must stink of cigareete smoke and how all his precious artefacts and daggars must be covered in nicotine stains. Yuck.
[/quote]

Apartments there will have some extreme aircon, so probably isn't comparable to smokers house over here.