Why become a member? ×

Seeing Iron Maiden TONIGHT!

AttitudeCastle

Hey Guys!
I'm seeing Iron Maiden in my home city of Aberdeen on Thursday! I'm stupidly excited like a small kid on christmas, i've barely slept in the last few days, though i'm forcing myself too so i can fully enjoy the show!

I've been wanting to Iron Maiden for about 3/4 years since i really got into them and when my brother saw them and he told me about the show,

I've watched so many live clips, and Flight 666 about 10 times and i'm stupidly excited!

Sorry to waste space with this, but i've been wanting to see them so much :)

Steve harris is one of the main reasons i play bass, if not the strongest reason for me picking it up instead of guitar!

Anyone seen them on this tour? :lol: (i've probably missed a thread on this BUT hey don't tread on my moment :) )

Probably won't get any pictures or anything but i'll have a great time i can promise you!

I'm hanging around town tomorrow/thursday to meet them as it would pretty much make my year!

Edited by AttitudeCastle

[quote name='woodyratm' post='1308689' date='Jul 19 2011, 12:36 AM']Will see you there dude!

Also a mate of mine has 3 tickets to sell if you've any mates who want to go. PM me and i'll pass details on (since i don't know them yet!)[/quote]

Awesome! Hopefully see you around, (probably not going to recognise as, well obviously haha)

Thanks! I'll ask around!

SO EXCITED! My brother has seen them twice, and everytime i see live videos i get giddy :)

Going with my brother as me mum insisted i be safe :) but ah well! Should be great!

Going to see them on the last night of the tour (the extra one they added on) to the o2 in london. Sean (Maverick on here) is going the night before.
Seen them three times before, the first time in 04, then again in i think 06/07 and again in 08.
Not too sure if I want to know the upcoming set list or not. Be prepared for the show of a lifetime, these guys are one of the true great performers of our generation.

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1308739' date='Jul 19 2011, 06:57 AM']Hope you enjoy the gig. :)

I'm another who saw them at Donnington back in 1992, that was a good festival. :)[/quote]

I suspect there will be few. 110,000 IIRC

I've seen them 4 times (3 times at Hammersmith and at the Donnigton gig) but lost interest after around 92 after Can I Play with Madness was number 1. A friend and I were first row on the balcony at the Hammersmith Odeon (I think it's the Apollo now). Bruce went into a rant about how the crowd used to be full of blokes in Leather Jackets singing to all the songs and head-banging and now the theatre was full of 15 year old kids and their parents and no one knew any of the words - apart from those two blokes in the front row up there..... Looking back on it I suspect he did that every night.

My brother worked for a rigging company and had back stage passes for a Wembley show but I had flu. Believe me, it was proper flu, there was no way I would have missed that! :lol:

Enjoy! It will be an Awesome show.

Edited by TimR

I haven't seen them since the No Prayer For The Dying tour.
Saw them on the Somewhere In Time and Seventh Son tours (there's a brief shot of me on the Maiden England video from the Brum NEC :)) too.

As much as I'd like to see them again, large venues do my head in these days...

[quote name='bartelby' post='1308790' date='Jul 19 2011, 09:00 AM']As much as I'd like to see them again, large venues do my head in these days...[/quote]

+1

I saw Metallica at the O2. Front row seats. I passed up Rush because I couldn't get near the front. If I want to watch a band on a video screen, I'll wait for the DVD. I know there's more to it than that but I prefer the intimate venues.

The O2 Academy Islington has some good bands and it's a great venue.

Anyway.... Back on topic. I may have a listen to the latest Maiden CD.

[quote name='AttitudeCastle' post='1308685' date='Jul 19 2011, 12:32 AM']Hey Guys!
I'm seeing Iron Maiden in my home city of Aberdeen on Thursday! ...[/quote]
That brings back some memories: Aberdeen was where I last saw Maiden, back around 1990, in the Capitol.
Also saw Van Morrison there.
Not on the same night though. :)

Hehe, that's a big old blast of nostalgia for me!

I saw Maiden a few times in my youth around the mid-late 80s. Monsters of Rock at Donington ('88 I think) and a few other times at the Birmingham NEC. I still have some of the old tour t-shirts somewhere, along with a complete copy of the 'First Ten Years' boxed set on vinyl. I hear it's worth a few pennies these days:

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Ten_Years"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_First_Ten_Years[/url]

They put on a fantastic live show... or at least they used to; I haven't seen them live in over 20 years. The moment when Eddie comes on stage is always a highlight! :)

Enjoy it.

[quote name='Skol303' post='1308938' date='Jul 19 2011, 11:19 AM']They put on a fantastic live show... or at least they used to; I haven't seen them live in over 20 years. The moment when Eddie comes on stage is always a highlight! :)[/quote]

They still do put on a great show. Just as full of energy as ever.

If anyone is interested in seeing them with di'Anno but like me never got the chance, just go see his solo show, by all accounts he's living off past success with maiden, Blaze Bayley is the same.

[quote name='mart' post='1308879' date='Jul 19 2011, 10:27 AM']That brings back some memories: Aberdeen was where I last saw Maiden, back around 1990, in the Capitol.
Also saw Van Morrison there.
Not on the same night though. :)[/quote]

That was the last time they had visited Aberdeen until this Thursday. I remember saying at the time (having neglected to go - I was only 14 at the time though) that they were too big now and would never be seen in Aberdeen again. Just goes to show - never say never :)