Why become a member? ×

South East Bass Bash No.5, Surrey, Saturday 24th September 2011

silverfoxnik

I'm coming still I think - I'm going to be there early but will be heading to the Kent coast for the evening so I'll probably leave by 2 or 3pm - so if anyone is still keen to listen to me prattle on about various technical playing things then I'm up for doing that around midday... hope that sounds OK

[quote name='AndyW' post='1368064' date='Sep 9 2011, 08:56 PM']Hey URB, just saw you are living right nearby (I'm 5 minutes from Clapham North), have enjoyed watching your instructional clips when I was in Holland so must meet up for a beer/chat sometime!

Cheers,

Andy[/quote]

If you make it please come and have a chat - always nice to meet international BCers... :)

[quote name='Plux_the_Duck' post='1370254' date='Sep 12 2011, 11:41 AM']Indeed I can't make it...

It's a shame, but I hope everyone has fun and don't fall asleep in dad's lecture (hehe, I'm in trouble now)[/quote]

No, I think you are probably bang on again - from the mouths of babes, and all that :)

[quote name='Clarky' post='1370256' date='Sep 12 2011, 11:43 AM']Looking unlikely I can make it too :)

I owe some bits 'n bobs for the raffle and possibly an acoustic bass for Beedster that Wayne has kindly agreed to taxi to Canterbury. Messaging Happy Jack ....[/quote]
It's a no go for me, I'm afraid :)

I have handed over raffle bits (Sansamp, two Precision scratch plates) plus my acoustic bass (for Wayne to take back to Beedster-ville) to Happy Jack.

Hope y'all have a good'un. I thoroughly enjoyed each of the last two, plus the North London BassBash.

Well now, looks like Paul the Drums will be coming, so I will bring my Status Graphite Vintage PJ4 and my Fender USA Deluxe Strat (with the trusty POD X3 Live) and encamp in the Jam Room so you buggers can have something to jam to. I think Happy Jack is bringing a little amp for me, thanks Jack, bottle of fun your way.

I would like to see some more action in the Jam Room this year, we had great fun last year, but only five of you made it in. Bad signposting :) If you want to see how a bass stacks up against drums and guitar, the Jam Room is the place. Paul is a seriously great drummer and you can show off your odd meter skillz in there with me and him, or have a nice easy going jam in A major. Whatever. It's all lovely in the Jam Room and there's never a reason to be scared.

Get the f*** in there, or be well f***ing S Q U A R E ! ! ! ! ! !

Also, sad to hear some regulars won't be making it, Clarky, et Cetera :)

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' post='1373909' date='Sep 14 2011, 11:23 PM']Well now, looks like Paul the Drums will be coming, so I will bring my Status Graphite Vintage PJ4 and my Fender USA Deluxe Strat (with the trusty POD X3 Live) and encamp in the Jam Room so you buggers can have something to jam to. I think Happy Jack is bringing a little amp for me, thanks Jack, bottle of fun your way.

I would like to see some more action in the Jam Room this year, we had great fun last year, but only five of you made it in. Bad signposting :) If you want to see how a bass stacks up against drums and guitar, the Jam Room is the place. Paul is a seriously great drummer and you can show off your odd meter skillz in there with me and him, or have a nice easy going jam in A major. Whatever. It's all lovely in the Jam Room and there's never a reason to be scared.

Get the f*** in there, or be well f***ing S Q U A R E ! ! ! ! ! ![/quote]

Right-ho Mrs Slocombe....

[quote name='Stingray5' post='1373966' date='Sep 15 2011, 01:19 AM']Hey-ho, I missed out on the jam last year, so will defo make it in there this time.
I do believe I'm working with Paul at the moment, too... very good drummer, indeed.
And a very nice man! :)[/quote]
Yeah, he mentioned that when I saw him on Saturday. He likes you too :)

[quote name='silddx' post='1373924' date='Sep 14 2011, 11:40 PM']I was thinking of attending in a similar outfit actually :)

I've had no takers at all for the Bassists in Drag challenge! Am I really going to be the only one there in a ball gown?[/quote]

I'm afraid I'll have to decline, my pussy's not been very well, and the gusset has gone in these tights....

Not been to one of these before, so as I'm in the area and Alex has kindly offered to bring along my new Compact I've got on order, it seems like this is something I should check out. Please add me to the list if that's cool.
I can bring along a 1967 Jazz Bass, Sadowsky NYC P Bass, Aguilar TH500, Barefaced Compact (assuming all goes to plan).
[quote name='obbm' post='1373910' date='Sep 14 2011, 11:24 PM']Is anyone bringing an Aguilar TH500 Tone Hammer?[/quote]
Yes

[quote name='vintage_ben' post='1375725' date='Sep 16 2011, 04:54 PM']Not been to one of these before, so as I'm in the area and Alex has kindly offered to bring along my new Compact I've got on order, it seems like this is something I should check out. Please add me to the list if that's cool.
I can bring along a 1967 Jazz Bass, Sadowsky NYC P Bass, Aguilar TH500, Barefaced Compact (assuming all goes to plan).

Yes[/quote]

Excellent. I'm bringing my pair of Aguilar SL112s. It would be interesting to run them with your TH500 if possible.