Why become a member? ×

Dodgy ads

pete.young

I realise that the bills have to be paid one way or another, but If I were someone with kids, or someone who was running a family-friendly site, I wouldn't be happy to see some of the ads that have been cropping up lately - for example ZooSK or even Match.com .

It would be a big incentive for me to enable adblock, so that I didn't see any ads, including the more sensibly targetted ones. Just sayin' .

[quote name='crez5150' post='1269699' date='Jun 15 2011, 09:42 AM']I thought that the ad's were driven by either websites that are from or related to cached items on your computer....[/quote]
^^^ this.

I bought a shed online last week. Since then, the only Ads I've seen have been for online shed retailers.

*rasies eyebrow at OP*

:)

[quote name='crez5150' post='1269699' date='Jun 15 2011, 09:42 AM']I thought that the ad's were driven by either websites that are from or related to cached items on your computer....[/quote]
This made me laugh on so many levels..........!

Waiting for the OP's next post on this :)

There are a few types of ads I have blocked, mainly ones that are totally irrelevant, but there shouldn't ever be 'adult' adverts. I wouldn't consider Match.com 'adult' - they have adverts on TV too.

ped

In the OP's defence, I am currently getting the following ads on my work pc basschat session:

[i]Single Women on Match.com
Thousands of Single Women are waiting for you. Sign up for Free!
www.match.com

Fixed Price Repairs
Value for Money Fixed Price Repairs on All Citroën Models of Any Age. [/i]

I repeat, this is my work pc, in the office, so absolutely no pron or "singles" site accessing, nor have I ever owned, or enquired about spares for, a Citroen.

[quote name='Earbrass' post='1270194' date='Jun 15 2011, 02:59 PM']In the OP's defence, I am currently getting the following ads on my work pc basschat session:

[i]Single Women on Match.com
Thousands of Single Women are waiting for you. Sign up for Free!
www.match.com

Fixed Price Repairs
Value for Money Fixed Price Repairs on All Citroën Models of Any Age. [/i]

I repeat, this is my work pc, in the office, so absolutely no pron or "singles" site accessing, nor have I ever owned, or enquired about spares for, a Citroen.[/quote]

Yeah ok.... we believe you.... :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1269708' date='Jun 15 2011, 09:51 AM']I bought a shed online last week. Since then, the only Ads I've seen have been for online shed retailers.[/quote]
I would have thought all the ads you'd see would be for drummers! :)

I bought a couple of mics online about a month ago & most of the ads I see are for microphones.com.

• 2 months later...

[quote name='jakesbass' post='1367017' date='Sep 8 2011, 09:34 PM']just bass strings and amps here .... sad sad git :)[/quote]

This.

Although I do have some from eastcoast trains, probably because I used them to get a train to get my new bass last week, and I can tell you, never again!

I also assume, being that Hartke is in my signature, is one of the driving factors behind me getting Hartke adverts - lol