Why become a member? ×

Convert your Precision to an upright bass!

Clarky

I wonder if they have ben knocked over in the rush of bass players wishing to butcher their beautiful Precision basses to end up with something that looks like this :)

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/Convert-your-Precision-Bass-Electric-Upright-Bass-/250663230889?pt=Guitar&hash=item3a5cb15da9"]http://cgi.ebay.com/Convert-your-Precision...=item3a5cb15da9[/url]

I think its a very good idea with two small flaws. Its done with no style and you buy the real thing for less. I suppose if you REALY want an upright P.

Of course girls wont be able to play it since they cant do a P standing up HAAHAHAH Oh stop me someone :)

A

[quote name='Slipperydick' post='1267376' date='Jun 13 2011, 03:09 PM']I'm sure I read somewwhere that the [b]original Fenders had a rod inside the body, attached to the strap button so that you could pull it out and play it as an upright[/b].

Sounds a bit Irish to me. Danny O'Music...[/quote]

Anybody ever seen one, or did i dream it ?

[quote name='Slipperydick' post='1267787' date='Jun 13 2011, 07:44 PM']Anybody ever seen one, or did i dream it ?[/quote]

As the guys say, it was the '53 to '56 Gibson EB1's that had the spike, definitely not the Fenders.

Wouldn't these need a curved board though, to play it upright, otherwise it would be near impossible to play, no? I've only played one EUB, and a double bass, both have curved boards, not flat, like a P???

[quote name='Rick's Fine '52' post='1267983' date='Jun 13 2011, 10:07 PM']As the guys say, it was the '53 to '56 Gibson EB1's that had the spike, definitely not the Fenders.

Wouldn't these need a curved board though, to play it upright, otherwise it would be near impossible to play, no? I've only played one EUB, and a double bass, both have curved boards, not flat, like a P???[/quote]

Must have dreamt it then, in my minds eye I can definitely picture an early Tele or Precision in an article about Leo Fender.

Would make an interesting mod though wouldnt it. But with a small body, surely it would tend to 'twist' around unless you played it sitting down