Why become a member? ×

Whats your favorite bass effect?

gub

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1246797' date='May 27 2011, 10:54 AM']...my new band's very Elbow/Mogwai/EITS kind of stuff so I use reverb effects A LOT!
Truckstop[/quote]

cool! Sounds like some of the stuff i'm doing, but I always tend to use delay as opposed to reverb. I don't even think I have a reverb pedal!! Maybe my zoom does reverb

I like delay, but I can't really use it in the band because the vocalist/keyboarder and the guitarist use delays a lot and I think a third one'd just be silly. It's hard to match tempo too and it'd just end up a mess!

Truckstop

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1247325' date='May 27 2011, 04:50 PM']Yeah I was in a band for a while where the guitarist used a lot of delay and reverb and digital chicanery, and it pretty much ruled me out of doing that on bass, but left the door wide open for me to use fuzz and other noisy stuff.[/quote]

I think you got a pretty sweet deal there. FUZZ/SYNTH > Delays and Ambience IMO.

[quote name='paulo m' post='1251598' date='May 31 2011, 03:02 PM']A PLETHORA OF FUNK TONE.[/quote]

That is one of the best sentences I've ever read.
And that includes the Sun's coverage of the Michael Barrymore swimming pool incident.

Truckstop

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Truckstop' post='1251601' date='May 31 2011, 03:04 PM']That is one of the best sentences I've ever read.
And that includes the Sun's coverage of the Michael Barrymore swimming pool incident.

Truckstop[/quote]

lol :)