Why become a member? ×

Coolest Basses ever!

Robert Manning

[quote name='xgsjx' post='1224989' date='May 9 2011, 12:28 PM']I think they made a cock up of that one! :)

I don't get the Fender thing at all! Not that there's anything wrong with em.[/quote]

I think it's a lot like cars, people find nice paint jobs and chrome cool where as if you had a wonky car with no paint it'd look rubbish.

[attachment=79411:lzj0014th.jpg]

This was my pride and joy a Gordy Headless ...... Quit playing and sold it for peanuts 18 years ago (regretted it 10mins after selling)..... saw it in a guitar shop 12 years ago for sale for nearly £150 more than i sold it for (Thought fair enough that will teach me! and sold a kidney to be able to afford it and brought it home) ...... Blissfully happy for 4 years and then it, along with a steinberger headless, a warwick streamer and a trace elliott amp head stolen along with the car they were in...

Me n this bass have history .... and i will track it down for round 3!!!!

So you can keep everything (even the WAL that i desire the most, even the geddy lee that i cherish now) I want this bugger back for another stab.

Footnote: The kindly insurance people gave me £150.00 for contents .... would rather have been told to sod off!

Was hoping this would be cathartic .... but it isnt :)(

[quote name='Clarky' post='1224653' date='May 8 2011, 11:28 PM']That is drop dead gorgeous - whose is it? A BC'er?[/quote]

Alas it was mine a few years ago. Bought it brand new from Peter Cook's. The mintiest green Rick 4003 Blue Boy I've ever seen. Had the Pickguardian make me the vintage scratchplate and pickup surround and fitted a genuine toaster pickup when you could get them for about £60.

Like my Midnight Blue 4003 and my '51 Fender P reissue, I just couldn't get on with the lack of top contouring. I may treat myself to a 4003S in the future

Loving the posts!, that Lakeland certainly ticks my box.

i think any these basses im seeing hear all have the iconic rock and roll stigma attached. you just have to have the attitude and look to pull it off.

i was thinking.. what makes you want to play bass guitar in the first place? being solid tight and able to hold a tight grove and noodle over chord changes? nah! rock out on stage playing anything that sounds cool and having fun!

[quote name='Robert Manning' post='1224659' date='May 8 2011, 11:33 PM']This is my current cool wall....[attachment=79396:228376_1...927013_n.jpg][/quote]

Anyone notice my cool wall? i have a stingray and a couple of norman fenders for when i want to be sensible and earn money :)

While my tastes have changed greatly as I got older (my avatar and my facebook page are qualifiers) when the Mouradian first came out, and I saw Chris Squire playing one, I thought it was the coolest thing I had ever seen, and ended up with one for a short period of time.