Why become a member? ×

Roscoe 'Local Hero' endorsment

pantherairsoft

Following on from Dood's great news about his Planet Waves endorsement, I'm excited/chuffed/proud to announce my endorsement with Roscoe basses.

I've used a Fretless Century Standard for about 18 months now after getting through more basses than I knew what to do with before finding 'that tone'. I have used the Roscoe exclusively with my Dubstep/Electronica project (www.ourhelicalmind.bandcamp.com) and it literally has been the secret to my sound.

I've dealt with the guys at Roscoe on some technical advice over the last year and reguarly deal with Mark @ Bass Direct. After some conversation with them it was decided I'd be a great addition to the family as a 'Local Hero' endorsement... Being a musician out their flying the Roscoe flag both live & online, whilst not being a 'successful touring/recording artist'. This came at the same time the EP was launched and Moog Music noticed it and were kind enough to give us a nod on their live news feed. Everything was times right and here we are.

I'm very proud to be part of the Roscoe family and would like to thank Gard & the team at Roscoe, Mark at Bass Direct and Stevie D at Moog Music (for technical advice and the promotion in getting the EP noticed).

I'm off to Bass Direct tomorrow to look at more Roscoes :)

Shep

Hey Shep! Ahhh no mate, not stealing thunder at all! I think it was great news and I'm glad to see that you are sharing it with the community! Good on you! Well done fella, it's awesome!

Good work, fella! Just listened to the EP n'awl, very impressive.
I like the almost minimalist feel to the riffs & cycles, it would be all to easy as a 2 piece to try & busy it all up too much to replace guitar or keys.
All live too, thats ace.
Cheers,
Norm

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does it really mean to have an endorsment with a company like Roscoe ?

I obviously understand the principles of having a "name" endorsing your product, such as Billy Sheehan or Victor Wooten etc. the suggestion being that Victor plays X amps/speakers so they must be good, but how does this work for somebody such as yourself or Dood ?

EDIT: Whoops missed the y off of Billy Sheehan :)

Edited by purpleblob

I think it's just another avenue of advertising that small companies can take to be sure of reaching the right audience. There's no point in having an advert on TV for Shuker or Roscoe basses because their target audience will be less than 1% of the people that see the bloody thing. It's just not cost effective. It might cost 5k for the advert, and you sell one bass out of it.
So, smaller companies endorse someone, to get the logos in the album sleeves, their endorsees rave about the products on internet forums and they big them up in magazines etc. Plus, they use the products in a live setting and people can check them out that way too.
Just a cheaper form of advertising and everybody's happy! Shep gets discount (or free?) Roscoe basses, and Roscoe get some advertising without having to faff around with it all.

Truckstop

At the level of musicianship I am at I get out of it a sense of pride, recognition and pure enjoyment. I certainly don't get free instruments, nor do the fully fledged recording artists that are endorsed by Roscoe.

Projects I'm involved in get mentioned by Roscoe and I'll get some some recognition via thier website and shows etc. In return they get someone out there playing shows in the UK, a place where they do not have geographic reach and I'll mention them on recordings etc.

Will it increase sale for Roscoe? Maybe not? Will I earn anything from it? Maybe not. But it's a relationship at it's starting point. As time goes on, as musical ventures grow and google searches turn up my bands when you search Roscoe and visa versa then maybe either I or Roscoe will benefit from it. It's another way of venturing into a community of musicians without a huge out lay and brings new instruments to the eyes of audiences, musicians and sound men around the UK. I love my Roscoe and will continue to fly the Roscoe flag endorsement or no endorsement, but am proud to be recognised as part of the Roscoe family.

Endorsements can also be there simply because people want to help out too. I know my band's certainly not at a point where people talk about what gear I use (outside of asking me what I'm using at gigs, of course), but I have a GK endorsement (as well as other members having other endorsements and more endorsements in the works). I doubt that they realised I'd rave about them on here either, so it's not that.

After meeting up with (UK GK dist) Polar Audio's AR guy and having a good natter, basically it sounded like he enjoyed my band and wanted to encourage us to keep working at it, it's not all about getting cheap/free gear for us either, having brands willing to back you is it's own reward and something you can put on the band CV. Being able to say "we're endorsed by ****" means people are more willing to take a 2nd look at the band as it shows that people have enough confidence in us to give us cheap/free stuff in return for having their name on our sites and at our gigs. I was already using GK before I got the endorsement anyway, so it's not like they would've lost a user/presence at gigs if they'd turned me down.

Edited by ThomBassmonkey

[quote name='Mikeg' post='1203879' date='Apr 18 2011, 05:56 PM']im trying to get a endorsement with lindo, theyre last shipment of budget plywood was great :) And the necks are now almost playable.
Gratz on the endorsement :lol:[/quote]

Cheers!

I'd never heard of Lindo... But after a google search it seems I've really been missing out! :)

New website is live and there I am - [url="http://www.roscoeguitars.com/endorsers/endorsers.html"]http://www.roscoeguitars.com/endorsers/endorsers.html[/url]