Why become a member? ×

Pulling Power

Pete Academy

Unfortunately it's completely down to the person and not the instrument they play.

I have spectacularly failed to pull whether I was playing guitar, bass or keyboards, and whether I stood at the back looking moody or leapt around like a man possessed up at the front...

[quote name='voxpop' post='1197032' date='Apr 12 2011, 05:01 PM']Bass players never pull, they are the tall moody ones at the back........ thats me.[/quote]
+1 :)

Only have to look at my avatar to see the truth in that!

[quote name='voxpop' post='1197032' date='Apr 12 2011, 05:01 PM']Bass players never pull, they are the tall moody ones at the back........ thats me.[/quote]

[quote name='Dave Vader' post='1197164' date='Apr 12 2011, 06:52 PM']IMHO all the most interesting women like the tall moody ones. :)[/quote]

I'm tall.. check
Stand at the back .. check
Moody .. ahh, need to work on that one, I'm far too happy when I play! Maybe when I'm on stage I look like I'm 'on something' instead of looking smouldering and moody!

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='1197030' date='Apr 12 2011, 05:00 PM']Was that your reason to take up bass, and has it given you the power to pull?[/quote]
Yes. And [i]magnificently[/i].

On every continent, women of all ages have turned to me in post-coital languor and murmured "That was unbelievable. But you're not a patch on Howard The Bass Dog."

[quote name='King Tut' post='1197319' date='Apr 12 2011, 09:00 PM']Recently separated from the wife - it's very messy. And it's all the fault of me being a bass player that has pulled . . . .

I'd give anything to be able to wind the clock back a few years :)[/quote]

ouch,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i think the rule is that we can look but cant touch,,,,or if we do................... DONT GET CAUGHT

[quote name='skankdelvar' post='1197222' date='Apr 12 2011, 07:34 PM']Yes. And [i]magnificently[/i].

On every continent, women of all ages have turned to me in post-coital languor and murmured "That was unbelievable. But you're not a patch on Howard The Bass Dog."[/quote]

Even though I'm ancient I still get comments from young ladies at gigs. I am often compared to Hollwood hearthrobs.

Just the other night one came up to me and said "You know, you don't look anything like George Clooney".

Well last friday in East Kilbride, 2 females were "stroking" the neck of my Jazz and saying that it was "long and hard, just as they like it." I might have enjoyed it but we were playing country girl at the time!

And no I didn`t, ya dirty minded monkeys!

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1197442' date='Apr 12 2011, 10:12 PM']Well last friday in East Kilbride, 2 females were "stroking" the neck of my Jazz and saying that it was "long and hard, just as they like it." I might have enjoyed it but we were playing country girl at the time!

And no I didn`t, ya dirty minded monkeys!

Jez[/quote]

Well, you will go to East Kilbride!!

[quote name='Jambo10' post='1197448' date='Apr 12 2011, 10:15 PM']Well, you will go to East Kilbride!![/quote]

Too true Jambo!!

The thing is, they looked quite nice from a distance but rough close up. Part of the problem is I don`t drink, then they might have looked okay!

As the old joke goes, I have never went to bed with an ugly woman but have woken up with plenty. (copyright Jimmy Logan, 1935)

Jez

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1197500' date='Apr 12 2011, 10:35 PM']Too true Jambo!!

The thing is, they looked quite nice from a distance but rough close up. Part of the problem is I don`t drink, then they might have looked okay!

As the old joke goes, I have never went to bed with an ugly woman but have woken up with plenty. (copyright Jimmy Logan, 1935)

Jez[/quote]

Jings...only 1935, seemed older lol.

I don't drink while gigging, band policy since the singer used to like the odd refreshment and missing verses to go with it, so I see where you are coming from. The lights from the rig can make even the worst munter look decent at times :)