Why become a member? ×

I've gotta stop looking

chilievans

I seriously need to stop looking at the for sale section!
I keep seeing awesome basses for awesome prices and I'm slowly convincing myself that I NEED them. I don't! I must be loosing my head.
I've got a brand new Shuker Jazz which plays sounds and looks the business and I'm thinking of trading it in. Why?
Thyere must be some help group or medication I can take

You are suffering from GAS. Most of us here are in the same position. But be warned: this might not be the best place to get rid of that addiction. Is like meeting your pals in the pub to discuss alcoholism. Good news is that most people do seem to arrive at some point of saturation - if not nirvana.

One tactic for curing some GAS is to accept that you really don't need 2 of the same thing. If you have a good Jazz, you don't NEED another, if you have a good Precision, you don't NEED another. If you feel you need another then buy it but sell the one you own to cover most of the costs.

I've narrowed it down to a Jazz, a precision and a Rickenfaker. I have mild interests in Warwicks, Stingrays and Sandberg Basics though! I hope none of these developinto full blown GAS in the next few years or I'm screwed!

[quote name='Soloshchenko' post='1185025' date='Apr 1 2011, 05:37 PM']One tactic for curing some GAS is to accept that you really don't need 2 of the same thing. If you have a good Jazz, you don't NEED another, if you have a good Precision, you don't NEED another. If you feel you need another then buy it but sell the one you own to cover most of the costs.[/quote]

you are making sense, please, stop that IMMEDIATELY!!!

signed:
owner of 5x P-basses (two are fretless) and 6x Stingrays (one is fretless and two are 5-string)

[quote name='mcnach' post='1185277' date='Apr 1 2011, 09:17 PM']you are making sense, please, stop that IMMEDIATELY!!!

signed:
owner of 5x P-basses (two are fretless) and 6x Stingrays (one is fretless and two are 5-string)[/quote]

I can't really blame you mate. :)
Also, I'd really class something like a fretless and a 5 string as 'different' even if it is the same design. They are totally different beasts to play SO you have 5 different types of bass there in my eyes.

I do have a Columbus Jazz bass project lurking in my cupboard which I think I will go fretless on.

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='1186089' date='Apr 2 2011, 07:29 PM'][b]Please continue[/b] posting pics of and talking about fretless basses? Even though I can hardy play a fretted bass, I am now gassing for a fretless!!!!

AAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!

Jez[/quote]

Fixed that for you, and then:

you're welcome! :)

Edited by mcnach

[quote name='chilievans' post='1184286' date='Apr 1 2011, 09:28 AM']I seriously need to stop looking at the for sale section!
I keep seeing awesome basses for awesome prices and I'm slowly convincing myself that I NEED them. I don't! I must be loosing my head.
I've got a brand new Shuker Jazz which plays sounds and looks the business and I'm thinking of trading it in. Why?
Thyere must be some help group or medication I can take[/quote]

Indeed. I only have one thing to sell..and am having a hard time coming to terms with that...maybe I don't want to do it enough but
I could easy buy another 2 cabs ( one is in a shop, though ).... neither of which I need, another amp, ditto, which I am hoping will not crop up in the too near future..and another pair of cabs if they appear here.

I was mighty glad the pre amp I was interested was withdrawn, but I can't stop looking..and I would say I am 99% happy with my sound and gear.

for sale section= the forbiten fruit for sure is the most sinful place to go

we all know we need one bass and only to hold the groove and thats it

but who is doing it none :) starts like this

i need a good 4 string then a good 5 string lets have a fretless lets have a ken smith sound then a stingray a jazz and go on

but the thing is that we all get them and dont play them lack of time is an modern issue that affect everyone

CAN YOU FIND ME SOME FREE TIME PLEASE THATS MY PROBLEM :)

I have bought a bass and amp from this site since I joined in December.

By the sounds of it, I have only got a slight case of GAS :)

I just saw that Dean fretless (drat).

My misses is very supportive as long as I don't duplicate :lol:

So I have a 4 string fretted and fretless and a 5 fretless.

A small amp and a huge one.

5 string fretted has got to be next :)

I never really got GAS until I joined this forum & have been fighting it off ever since. I even get GAS for things that are NOT for sale (such as that chap's fretless W&T) or things that I can't afford (that'll be everything, not just the Ritters & Foderas).

Do what I do, get a job that just covers the bills & then get the Mrs to quit her's & spend all the extra cash trying to start up a business.

I joined this site about 18 months ago, on the day me and the missus got together ironically, when I joined I had a CIJ jazz, a Peavey T-40, and a Warwick streamer S1 5er and amp wise an SVT-CL and 8x10. Since joining I've traded my Streamer for a P bass, bought a Trace T-Bass, bought a CIJ P bass then traded it for a Hofner, bought an Aria SB, bought a westone thunder, bought a Shuker then traded it for a bongo and traded my SVT-CL for an SVT-4 Pro. Next on the hit list is my Ampeg rig. I'm visiting the Matamp factory next week. What for you ask? I dont know :) please help?