Why become a member? ×

Tiny little rigs!

lemmywinks

I love tiny little rigs and am always interested in seeing what can be done with stupidly small bass rigs - ie micro heads and 1x10 or 1x12 compact cabs. I put this setup together a while ago after using my Superfly with another small cab. It's tiny, loud enough for practices and weighs next to nothing.
It comprises:
Ashdown Superfly - £199 new
EA CXL110c with Deltalite - About £200, off here and Blue Aran
Obbm 50cm Speakon cable - £8 off here

So watcha got? Anyone gig a minature rig regularly?

Edited by lemmywinks

My mini rig...

MarkBass Little Mark 250 & EA Wizzy 10. They both fit in the EA Wizzy backpack so I can get the bus to gigs with my rig on my back and bass in hand!

Love the Wizzy. Not a HUGE fan of the MarkBass sound, although I know most do love it. Been looking to change the MB for an Eden or EA. The Wizzy only takes 250w though so I'm limited on what to get without blowing the cab.

It's done 4 gigs with me, great everytime, although I can't use the tilt at gig volume as the vibrations make the amp head move!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1178432' date='Mar 27 2011, 04:25 PM']I love tiny little rigs and am always interested in seeing what can be done with stupidly small bass rigs - ie micro heads and 1x10 or 1x12 compact cabs. I put this setup together a while ago after using my Superfly with another small cab. It's tiny, loud enough for practices and weighs next to nothing.
It comprises:
Ashdown Superfly - £199 new
EA CXL110c with Deltalite - About £200, off here and Blue Aran
Obbm 50cm Speakon cable - £8 off here

So watcha got? Anyone gig a minature rig regularly?[/quote]

Ha I saw someone giggin something like that in a club in covent garden he was using a Eden lightweight head though, big club, guitarist had a full on marshall jcm stack, it looked so funny, he was obiously di'ed, but he had enough for him to hear himself i guess

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1178462' date='Mar 27 2011, 04:58 PM']Is that one of the isobaric cabs?
What's it like?[/quote]
I'm happy which is why I downsized. 600w so louder than the OBC115 by 100w. It holds it's own & all the guys in my band talk about it so it's achieved it's aims for me. Heavier than it looks because of the speaker configuration but as you can see I've flight cased mine and I'm managing just fine

[quote name='Roland Rock' post='1182063' date='Mar 30 2011, 12:24 PM']My old "mini stack"
I went off SS after that so had to go for something a bit chunkier.[/quote]

That's ace! Are those tens or twelves?

There's something about the little EA cabs that really appeals to me, can't quite put my finger on it.
I'm very tempted to buy the damaged CXL112 on here and stick a Deltalite in it, but then my mini rig would be bigger than my main rig!

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1182473' date='Mar 30 2011, 05:13 PM']That's ace! Are those tens or twelves?

There's something about the little EA cabs that really appeals to me, can't quite put my finger on it.
I'm very tempted to buy the damaged CXL112 on here and stick a Deltalite in it, but then my mini rig would be bigger than my main rig![/quote]

They're CXL110s. I know what you mean - their 'density' and solidity makes them right meaty little buggers. (I should write for BGM!) :)

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='1182931' date='Mar 31 2011, 01:37 AM']Dinky Doom.[/quote]

I don't think you quite understand the concept of a mini rig!
We used to run one of those power amps in our rack as a monitor amp, heavier than my entire rig!

Dubs that homebuild is interesting, did you design it yourself? Looks nice and deep like a TC

Here you go shuttle 6.0 with a 1x10 my woodworking mate made for me :) Its loaded with a 300w 8 ohm Eminence Gamma 10 that I took back out of my Ashdown ABM C110 as I was selling it a spares or repairs! so I put the blue aran back in it. It has one speakon on the back and the handle on the side so you can sit on it at practice. I need to fit a flip down foot on the bottom though instead of putting the Genz carry bag under it everytime.

Class D amps are just ace last night that was the backline in a marquee through my 2x12T now its in the box room for practice. :)

[attachment=76396:Tiny_Rigs.jpg]

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='1183896' date='Mar 31 2011, 08:56 PM']Dubs that homebuild is interesting, did you design it yourself? Looks nice and deep like a TC[/quote]

Yeah, designed myself using rough dimensions worked out with a little help of WinISD.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=91802&st=0&start=0"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...t=0&start=0[/url]

Turned out that I made the port a little too long/wide so the low end sounds a little flabby - easily fixable though, much more so than if I made it too small. I'm half thinking about blocking up the port and making it sealed. Need to spend the time experimenting.