Why become a member? ×

Can someone please tell me how you get this tone?

Gust0o

I'm pretty sure I've seen this somewhere on Basschat, but was browsing Youtube for inspiration and hit upon:

Perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but I think it's great - it's relentless and harsh. Surely it's not just the choice of Precision, what else is in the mix?

Had I posted the Quo, Spoom, you might have been close. Either that, or you sip your shandy in some different places to me :)

Heads Fall was a brilliant album. Had pretty much forgotten all about. Managed to get close with my Eagle after some fiddling - pity I don't like playing pick, as I really like this.

Edited by Gust0o

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1118872' date='Feb 7 2011, 01:40 PM']There's nothing special about that, just thump a P bass through a distorted amp.[/quote]

We all know you don't particularly like Fenders, but that is a ridiculous response. I could play a Precision through a distorted Ampeg, followed by a distorted Matamp - two completely different sounds, and neither of which would sound anything like the tone in the clip.