Why become a member? ×

I Have Had An Offer I Couldn't Refuse

Grand Wazoo

A dealer in town (which I won't mention until the deal is done) has a 2nd hand but immaculate ABII in a striking redwood top.

A number of pushy emails later, I have managed to negotiate a very interesting price. No details of this deal can be made public, however on Wed I am going to check it out and if it's as in good conditions as it claims to be I might take this home:

Well here it is, ladies and gents. It was too good not to snacth it off Mark's hands at Bass Direct, retail price £3200, I got it for....£2300 a few months old, one previous careful owner and mint condish.

All it need is a new set of wonky strings and a new battery cause the one on the back is near dead.

Let the wisecracking begin, yes I know the frets are pissed, so am I most weekends. Would you hold it against me? :) (p.s.: that was a lie, I am a t-total, never touched the stuff, it's the truth!)

Edited by Grand Wazoo

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='1104505' date='Jan 26 2011, 10:43 PM']Now that is one helluva nice combination you have there.

Can I ask you - what's it like swapping between parallel and sloping frets ?

T[/quote]

When I tried one, Mark's advice was "Just don't think about it and don't look at the fretboard".
He was right. Takes about 5 seconds and you don't realise they are "wonky" frets.

That's just not fair ! :) .. I'm going down to Bassdirect in a couple of weeks just to try the Dingwall's ... even booked time off work .. think you should take it back & say you've changed your mind :)

Si

ps. was just listening to this as I was responding to post .. sounds pretty good when he's playing almost by himself at the end

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiTnyub4VZE&feature=player_embedded#"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiTnyub4VZE...layer_embedded#[/url]

Edited by sifi2112