Why become a member? ×

My Worst Nightmare...

TKenrick

[quote name='TKenrick' post='1102430' date='Jan 25 2011, 05:48 PM']Got the bass back safe and sound this afternoon, fairly relieved to say the least! Thanks to everyone for their support/advice

Tom[/quote]
Really pleased to hear it, great news.

[quote name='TKenrick' post='1102430' date='Jan 25 2011, 05:48 PM']Got the bass back safe and sound this afternoon, fairly relieved to say the least! Thanks to everyone for their support/advice

Tom[/quote]
Your contribution to "Daily Awesomeness"...

[quote name='Spike Vincent' post='1104448' date='Jan 26 2011, 09:56 PM']Glad to hear you got it back! Now I can mention I used to work for First Great Western cleaning trains.Oh the things I found.Consider yourself VERY lucky you got it back..[/quote]
Maybe I've misunderstood what you're hinting at. Is it that you used to trouser stuff you found? Are there rules regarding lost property found by employees being handed in or was the official line that it was fair game for staff to help themselves as a perk of the job? :)

Edited by Jean-Luc Pickguard

[quote name='Jean-Luc Pickguard' post='1104456' date='Jan 26 2011, 10:02 PM']Maybe I've misunderstood what you're hinting at. Is it that you used to trouser stuff you found? Are there rules regarding lost property found by employees being handed in or was the official line that it was fair game for staff to help themselves as a perk of the job? :)[/quote]

Nobody checked.Ever! Personally if it had a name on it ( like the passport I found) or could be traced (mobile phones etc) I would hand it in to the station staff,who never seemed too interested.Loose change,the occasional tenner,and many umbrellas and even a pair of underpants were unlikely to be handed in.My own ethics would have not let me help myself to some one else's instrument,but no one would have stopped me if I'd chosen to do so.