Why become a member? ×

Eaten and Digested: Awesome Custom Bass FT

xilddx

This is the best bass I've ever played!! Custom built for me by the best luthier in the world.

Plays like butter, amazing fret work. The tone has that lovely lager and lime sound and the lows register on the Richter scale! Balances beautifully, very slim supersonically fast neck. Beautiful burl ives top and you can see jesus's face in the wood pattern! (just near the mid sweep knob) [b]EDIT[/b]: I will not ship to Italy or South America. Just think of it as Lemmy.

This cost £3,750.

Trade for a pre CBS Fender Jazz, preferably two tone burst with maple board. Will also consider Foderas, Mayones, or Fender Bass VI. WHY.

Pics won't do this bass justice but I will get Henri to take some later.

EDIT: Please forgive the spelling mistakes, my cousin type this for me.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='silddx' post='1097214' date='Jan 21 2011, 10:43 AM']This is the best bass I've ever played!! Custom built for me by the best luthier in the world.

Plays like butter, amazing fret work. The tone has that lovely lager and lime sound and the lows register on the Richter scale! Balances beautifully, very slim supersonically fast neck. Beautiful burl ives top and you can see jesus's face in the wood pattern! (just near the mid sweep knob).

This cost £3,750.

Trade for a pre CBS Fender Jazz, preferably two tone burst with maple board. Will also consider Foderas, Mayones, or Fender Bass VI. WHY.

Pics won't do this bass justice but I will get Henri to take some later.[/quote]

You're building up the hype, then!! :)

[quote name='Raggy' post='1097280' date='Jan 21 2011, 11:34 AM']If I can get WoT's Caps Lock key, would you be interested in a trade?[/quote]
sorry m8 i had 1 of them last year but it wasn't for me it didn't feel right - to bulky in my hand and it was to loud

[quote name='silddx' post='1097214' date='Jan 21 2011, 10:43 AM']This is the best bass I've ever played!! Custom built for me by the best luthier in the world.

Plays like butter, amazing fret work. The tone has that lovely lager and lime sound and the lows register on the Richter scale! Balances beautifully, very slim supersonically fast neck. Beautiful burl ives top and you can see jesus's face in the wood pattern! (just near the mid sweep knob).

This cost £3,750.

Pics won't do this bass justice but I will get Henri to take some later.[/quote]

So thats where Burl Ives went

[quote name='silddx' post='1097296' date='Jan 21 2011, 11:42 AM']sorry m8 i had 1 of them last year but it wasn't for me it didn't feel right - to bulky in my hand and it was to loud[/quote]

Well if you don't ask.....

Good luck anyway :)

[quote name='bobpalt' post='1097342' date='Jan 21 2011, 12:11 PM']I didnt know Wishbasses did an upmarket model................[/quote]
I wish, I wish. If they did I would be right on it, it would be the perfect bass for me. He won't though, says he can't be arsed.

Morning Nigel, from the photos you sent by pm the Jesus image (near the mid sweep pot) looks to me more like Lemmy? Could the wood of come from a tree specially grown for the great man then accidentally got mixed up at the Rickenbacker factory until arriving with your luthier?

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1098352' date='Jan 22 2011, 08:32 AM']Morning Nigel, from the photos you sent by pm the Jesus image (near the mid sweep pot) looks to me more like Lemmy? Could the wood of come from a tree specially grown for the great man then accidentally got mixed up at the Rickenbacker factory until arriving with your luthier?[/quote]
No mate. The unsightly lumps on Jesus's face are just the wood pattern, just little burl ives bits.

If you really do think most people will think it's Lemmy, please let me know and I will revise the listing. I don't want to ship to Italy or South America anyway so if it looks more like Lemmy than Jesus, that's alright with me.

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='1098363' date='Jan 22 2011, 08:58 AM']I'll have it. I'm sending you a cheque for £1,000 over the asking price. Please send my Western Union to my shipping agent.... etc etc[/quote]
Sorry your highness, I do not ship to Nigeria. Sincere apologies for disturbing you hapiness this beautiful day and I hope you have many fine male children.

Sorry to attempt a scuttling of your thread but is this not the same bass you bought from a fellow Basschatter no more than 4 weeks ago for £165.00?

If it is as I suspect, I looked at this one myself just before the sale and I am convinced it's not Jesus but Robert Powell whose likeness appears. Therefore it is a copy. :)

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='1099006' date='Jan 22 2011, 07:44 PM']Sorry to attempt a scuttling of your thread but is this not the same bass you bought from a fellow Basschatter no more than 4 weeks ago for £165.00?

If it is as I suspect, I looked at this one myself just before the sale and I am convinced it's not Jesus but Robert Powell whose likeness appears. Therefore it is a copy. :)[/quote]
No, sadly my friend you are mistaken. I am aware you met Leah Femdom some years before her unfortunate and untimely departure, but this does not mean you are expert on faces, only old basses.

Mr Powell had make up and facial hair grown especially to LOOK LIKE Jesus, along with a sack on his head. He did look very much like Jesus, but without the satin high polish finish.

[quote name='wesfinn' post='1099013' date='Jan 22 2011, 07:48 PM']is it as good or not as good as a stagg?[/quote]
You must be more specific.

If you are referring to the face, which one?! Jesus, Lemmy or Robert Powell? Also it could be equal.

Please PM with questions like this as it is against forum rules.

Apparently I've just won the Nigerian lottery (good thing I checked my 'junk mail' folder eh?), so as soon as I find the ticket that I haven't bought and the funds clear then I'll be in a position to make you an offer. Shouldn't take too long as I've just emailed them my bank details as requested. Hooray.

I can't help thinking that people aren't taking this post seriously.

Good luck with the sale though Sliddx.

apologies. I just think I know everything about every bass ever made and can't help but have a cocky answer to everything written. Can you tell me if the jesus face is pre-beard era? I hear these are worth a lot more, espeially with 'real clay' eyes...

[quote name='paul_5' post='1099023' date='Jan 22 2011, 08:00 PM']Apparently I've just won the Nigerian lottery (good thing I checked my 'junk mail' folder eh?), so as soon as I find the ticket that I haven't bought and the funds clear then I'll be in a position to make you an offer. Shouldn't take too long as I've just emailed them my bank details as requested. Hooray.

I can't help thinking that people aren't taking this post seriously.

Good luck with the sale though Sliddx.[/quote]
You may not make me an offer as it this is not an auction, it is against forum rules. I only want trades for pre CBS fender or WHY.

Thank you for your kind wishes, as I said it is not a sale, only trade for pre CBS fender or WHY.