Why become a member? ×

Who's tone would you swap with if you couldnt keep your own?!

stingrayPete1977

Well Im uploading all my albums to iTunes and have just done Appetite for Destruction by Guns'n'Roses (what an album!) which always makes me want a Fender Aerodyne and a plectrum (Leather trousers optional) Im not even that big a gnr fan in general but If I had to swap all of my available tones (lets not get too hung up about that like the other thread last week we all know what we meen in the context) Duff's Aerodyne plec sound would be mine, I love it :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfOtJ98d1Ms"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfOtJ98d1Ms[/url]
This is a good example of how it cuts through the mix while still thumping I have played about with P's but keep going back to the MM sound and mainly no plec for some reason.

[b]So to sum up this is the question, If you had to lose every tone/sound whatever we are calling it that you currently have avavilable and swap it for someone elses forever who's would it be?[/b]

Edited by stingrayPete1977

[quote name='stingrayPete1977' post='1075117' date='Jan 2 2011, 11:14 AM']Well I'm uploading all my albums to iTunes and have just done Appetite for Destruction by Guns'n'Roses (what an album!) which always makes me want a Fender Aerodyne and a plectrum......[/quote]
Didn't he use an 80's Jazz Bass Special?

As we`re only allowed to pick one, I`m going to use the artist whose tone would fit best into my band, which would be Geoff Rouse from Duff McKagans Loaded. Great Fender Precision/Ampeg tone.

My faves tho, are JJ Burnell, Bruce Foxton, and Duff McKagan, but their tones are a little too "lead-bass" for my band, hence not picking them.

After last nights gig I am really loving my sound...which has been a work in progress really.
It makes me play what I play, and if it is different through another bass, then I can adapt the style with ease...

Who has the tone I would love..??? funnily I am drawn to a modern P-bass in the mix sound.
Can't recall the guy's name but a fingerstyle P-bass through a beefy Aguilar rig would be great.
Thinking Guy Pratt and his 62 P..and I have NEVER been a P bass man...

weird..!!

[quote name='Chris2112' post='1075211' date='Jan 2 2011, 12:38 PM']I'd got for Stuart Hamm's late 80's Kubicki sound, as it's so close to what I have now![/quote]

Thats not the game though Chris, It has to be noticeably different to what you normally have. We have done the whos tone are you already trying to get near to loads of times this is a [i]very slightly [/i]different angle so the beloved Kubicki or any MK tones are out of the question. Maybe a Dire P bass for you? :)