Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

3 minutes ago, Soledad said:

Is that an Original 60s P @Ander87 ? In LPB... and selling the 60s Jazz.

And getting a WHAT??😂

Haha! Correct, AO 60s… getting nothing else to replace it with I’m afraid! 

I need a new amp head (mesa WD800 on the way) as I’m returning the SVT 2 Pro in the pictures, it was lent to me. 

Sold the Ric 4003 Ruby red and the AO Jazz… the plan is to keep the Ray and the Precision and save since I have a baby coming and some overdraft etc, better to save for peace of mind this time. 

I do have dreams for a 3rd bass sometime next year, god knows what.

34C4B9E9-4844-4864-ADAE-75B62B461FD3.thumb.jpeg.b41311ad2b063b14ae92aae61495424c.jpeg

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MungoBass said:

My latest acquisition. An American Deluxe P, active/passive with 3 band eq and wearing La Bella black nylons. Really well made and it has a lovely grained slab rosewood fingerboard with mop dots. 

12EF7206-8036-48F9-A199-ADE1971DE322.jpeg

Lovely, how does it sound on active 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Reggaebass said:

Lovely, how does it sound on active 

Thanks! I tend to stick to passive most of the time on my basses and appreciate the passive tone control on this model, especially combined with the pan. What I also like is that when flicking it to active, as long as the bass and treble are set to centre and the mid cut just a little, there is not a massive jump in volume. Then, boosting the bass adds serious depth. The mid is powerful too...... So, it sounds great in passive and active!

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.226cf07ab38974a8c99cb05ce7111a8f.png

image.thumb.png.1b157b80f8b3b73b671dc9cec475e76b.png

Not much difference between these two, other than colour and scratchplate type the main difference is that the black bass has a Himass bridge and the white one doesn't.  I've added a thumb block to the white one and if I enjoy it will do the same to the black.  They're just bog standard Player basses and I love them.  Simple, effective and they play and sound great.  The black one is for standard tuning and the white one for full D / weird tunings (one of the guys in the band keeps talking about Soundgarden covers and I'm hoping the bass can cope with the demented tunings required).

• Like 3