Why become a member? ×

Precisions

Chris Horton

[quote name='Musicman20' post='1347769' date='Aug 22 2011, 09:11 AM']GW - Great photography!

How long did it take you to find a 'good un'?

Im about to order a Jazz in 3TS/Rosewood from GAK...I have no way/no time to go round looking for the one, so Im going to have to try a few out...hopefully the first one will be good.[/quote]

That day I spent 4 hours in Guitar Guitar Epsom. These guys really have a huge stock of basses, thanks to their massive store showroom, they carry many brands but they have loads of Fender from USA to Mexicans to Squiers. At the end of the day it was a tough choice between this one I got, and a Sandberg California Hardcore Aged with a mm style pickup in the bridge and a split p in the neck but the price tag on the Sandberg was a turn off for me as I really didn't think it was worth £1450

My latest P, I couldn't resist the call of the sunburst, came with BadassII & USA pick up (I'm told), I've given it a good clean, a tort plate, a set of Fender Flats & a complete setup. It does everything a P-bass should, very nicely :)

[quote name='mr_russ' post='1348724' date='Aug 23 2011, 09:37 AM']My USA standard 5 and MIJ '62 reissue

I'm a fairly recent P bass convert

[/quote]
Not got a photo of mine, but they are exactly the same colour scheme as these.

Edited by Lozz196
  • Like 1

Here's a Maya fretless I bought here from Rapscallion earlier this week. I swapped out the tort scrathplate for a black one and gave the whole bass an overhaul today on my day off :) All it's waiting for now is a wiring kit from KiOgon and it'll be done.

Ah, well, if it doesn't actually have to be a Fender, then this is the closest I am ever going to get to owning a Precision (Unless I find that Lake Placid Blue ESP I should've bought in '92)

1987 USA handmade B.C.Rich ST bass, now has the correct knobs on it, and EMG P + J pick ups :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='SlackAlice' post='1365627' date='Sep 7 2011, 07:17 PM'][attachment=88905:bass.JPG]

Thought I'd share my P bass.....it's a Squier but I love it....especially now I've put flats on it. :)

Angie[/quote]

That looks rather splendid Angie.

I'm a very recent convert to flats, can't believed it's taken me since 1973 to try them :) no point rushing these things.

[quote name='SlackAlice' post='1365627' date='Sep 7 2011, 07:17 PM'][attachment=88905:bass.JPG]

Thought I'd share my P bass.....it's a Squier but I love it....especially now I've put flats on it. :)

Angie[/quote]
V cool, the pearl sets it off a treat & flats! Well you just have to :)

Cheerz, John

[quote name='Lorne' post='1355850' date='Aug 30 2011, 12:13 AM']Ah, well, if it doesn't actually have to be a Fender, then this is the closest I am ever going to get to owning a Precision (Unless I find that Lake Placid Blue ESP I should've bought in '92)

1987 USA handmade B.C.Rich ST bass, now has the correct knobs on it, and EMG P + J pick ups :)[/quote]
Works for me. That is gorgeous.