Why become a member? ×

Big Al has arrived!!!

CHRISDABASS

Hey

Hope you all had a lovely Christmas

My Big Al has just arrived from sunny California!!

its absolutely stunning!!

[attachment=67344:IMG_0713.jpg]
(only a quick iphone pic for now)

It has probably the nicest neck ive ever had played!

i got an amazing deal on it! ahhhh the wonders of ebay!

i only paid £38 Duty and vat for it too!

You're all welcome to come round and try her out anytime :)

EXCITED!!! :)

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='1071901' date='Dec 29 2010, 04:36 PM']SCORE! :) Any reason why it slipped through the net?[/quote]

Just been thinking; slipped through the net SO FAR might be more apt! I one got a bass from the States and I has well chuffed when I didn't get clattered with a big bill... till it arrived 3 weeks later. Turns out one or two couriers to speed the process of delivery up, sort out all the nasty stuff after it's been delivered. Not saying it is in this case but don't go spending any funds you have put aside to pay the expected duty.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1071916' date='Dec 29 2010, 04:57 PM']Just been thinking; slipped through the net SO FAR might be more apt! I one got a bass from the States and I has well chuffed when I didn't get clattered with a big bill... till it arrived 3 weeks later. Turns out one or two couriers to speed the process of delivery up, sort out all the nasty stuff after it's been delivered. Not saying it is in this case but don't go spending any funds you have put aside to pay the expected duty.[/quote]
Uh-oh. I hope it's the happy ending this time.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='1071916' date='Dec 29 2010, 04:57 PM']Just been thinking; slipped through the net SO FAR might be more apt! I one got a bass from the States and I has well chuffed when I didn't get clattered with a big bill... till it arrived 3 weeks later. Turns out one or two couriers to speed the process of delivery up, sort out all the nasty stuff after it's been delivered. Not saying it is in this case but don't go spending any funds you have put aside to pay the expected duty.[/quote]

thanks for the warning but im more than sure that £38 is all i have to pay, i have the receipt with it all listed and ive spoken to the UPS people.

i think it all depends what the declared value is............ thats all im sayin :)

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='1071925' date='Dec 29 2010, 05:11 PM']thanks for the warning but im more than sure that £38 is all i have to pay, i have the receipt with it all listed and ive spoken to the UPS people.

i think it all depends what the declared value is............ thats all im sayin :)[/quote]

:lol: A nudge is as good as a wink... :)

[quote name='Sean' post='1072159' date='Dec 29 2010, 09:12 PM']Well done on getting a Musicman out of the USA! I've tried in the past and they said Ernie Ball don't let them export.[/quote]

I've had the same response form Basscentral, though Chris's one was from an eBay sale in US

I'm not looking for anything at the moment - was just confirming that generally the US dealers won't (can't) export Ernie Ball bases

[quote name='greyparrot' post='1072163' date='Dec 29 2010, 09:18 PM']last time i was in the bass mercahnt they had a blue one in.[/quote]