Why become a member? ×

A 'real' newbie!

Peds

Hi everyone, I'm very new to playing bass. After starting (and stopping) during an illness seven years ago I decided to start again just last month. So I'm now armed with a 'bitza'Fender from e-bay, a Fender amp and a tutor - I'm making a better effort this time!

I'll probably spend more time reading than posting but I'm here to learn from you guys too.

Peds

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='1043585' date='Dec 1 2010, 11:42 AM']Welcome to Basschat. Your username is very similar to Ped who runs the site. Hopefully people won't mix you up!?![/quote]

I dunno, might mean less work for me!!

Welcome Peds, what's the story behind the name?

ped

[quote name='ped' post='1046853' date='Dec 3 2010, 09:36 PM']I dunno, might mean less work for me!!

Welcome Peds, what's the story behind the name?

ped[/quote]

I was working in the jungles of Central America for six months delivering medical supplies on foot. As you can imagine there we didn't have much to keep us occupied so we had a moustache growing competition lol. So someone called me 'Pedro the Spaniard' after the biggest, droopiest 'tash you can imagine was on my face! That got shortened to Peds eventually, now everyone calls me it.

How did you get it? (I'm going to look really silly if it's your Christian name!)

Peds

[quote name='Peds' post='1050275' date='Dec 7 2010, 10:20 AM']I was working in the jungles of Central America for six months delivering medical supplies on foot. As you can imagine there we didn't have much to keep us occupied so we had a moustache growing competition lol. So someone called me 'Pedro the Spaniard' after the biggest, droopiest 'tash you can imagine was on my face! That got shortened to Peds eventually, now everyone calls me it.

How did you get it? (I'm going to look really silly if it's your Christian name!)

Peds[/quote]

Haha, I can tell you now thats a MUCH better story then his, don't worry! :)

[quote name='Peds' post='1050965' date='Dec 7 2010, 08:09 PM']Thanks guys, I'm looking at the bootcamp aswell as what my tutors giving me! I cant believe I got so many welcomes (or is it a case of 'new meat' lol).[/quote]

We're looking for people to give our marketplace economy a bit of a kick start...? I've got a Mexican Jazz you can have for £3,000 - and that's a basschat only price that :)

[quote name='MythSte' post='1051306' date='Dec 8 2010, 08:36 AM']We're looking for people to give our marketplace economy a bit of a kick start...? I've got a Mexican Jazz you can have for £3,000 - and that's a basschat only price that :)[/quote]

Oooooh! I'll take two! lol

[quote name='Hamster' post='1051341' date='Dec 8 2010, 09:06 AM']IIRC it was because he had a Pedulla bass

.......... and welcome! :)[/quote]

Yeah, my story is pretty cool too though. There was this whole thing of a quest across a volcanic dreamland fighting monsters and this little hairy midget following me and then I had to throw the bass into this mountain and stuff, but yeah, it's basically because I had a Pedulla bass.

[quote name='Peds' post='1050275' date='Dec 7 2010, 10:20 AM']I was working in the jungles of Central America for six months delivering medical supplies on foot. As you can imagine there we didn't have much to keep us occupied so we had a moustache growing competition lol. So someone called me 'Pedro the Spaniard' after the biggest, droopiest 'tash you can imagine was on my face! That got shortened to Peds eventually, now everyone calls me it.

Peds[/quote]

That is awesome.