Why become a member? ×

15" revelation

duke of prunes

i took out the Berg 15 for the gig last night (powered by the iAmp500)

had been gigging regularly with 2 Berg 1x12s, mainly because of ease of transport.

the 15 is the practice space amp because...

the 15 is a beast. 60lbs of beast.

but.

it sounded fantastic. big huge round bottom end. the 1x12s just can't do it the same way.

i'm a convert. the 15 it is from here on out.

I usually use a Trace Elliot 15" cab when just using one at rehearsals - love it. I add a 2x10" when gigging for a more rounded sound. Just got me a billion year old Trace Elliot 18" cab... my god... I've yet to pair it with the 2 x 10 but there is noticeably more depth than just the 15" - there's a quality about the sound that you feel rather than hear. Quite heavy, mind you.

[quote name='duke of prunes' post='1007600' date='Oct 31 2010, 07:41 PM']i took out the Berg 15 for the gig last night (powered by the iAmp500)

had been gigging regularly with 2 Berg 1x12s, mainly because of ease of transport.

the 15 is the practice space amp because...

the 15 is a beast. 60lbs of beast.

but.

it sounded fantastic. big huge round bottom end. the 1x12s just can't do it the same way.

i'm a convert. the 15 it is from here on out.[/quote]
Of what i've heard people say,that Bergantino (HT115 ?) 15 inch speaker is one of the best liked there is.On top of beeing a 15 inch,that is :)
Congratulations!

Edited by Anders

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1007996' date='Oct 31 2010, 07:08 PM']Interesting.. What Berg 12s have you been running? HT, HT-ER or AE?[/quote]

an HT and an EX (with horn and without)

the 115 is a discontinued model i picked up used.

i used to have Eden cabs, a 2x10 and a 1x18. talk about a massive bottom...

[quote name='wateroftyne' post='1008917' date='Nov 1 2010, 07:42 PM']Ah, cool. I'm just wondering if the ERs would have a bigger bottom, so to speak...[/quote]

The latest HT/EX ER range sound absolutely MASSIVE in the low end. Stunning amount of warmth and full bass from such small cabinets. You would never think it is just a 112.

I'm loving my Eden 2x15

Would like to get an Eden head so i can run it without the 2x10

[quote name='duke of prunes' post='1008897' date='Nov 1 2010, 07:23 PM']i used to have Eden cabs, a 2x10 and a 1x18. talk about a massive bottom...[/quote]

An Eden 18? Now that i would LOVE! :)

Edited by wotnwhy

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='1009048' date='Nov 1 2010, 09:41 PM']I'm loving my Eden 2x15

Would like to get an Eden head so i can run it without the 2x10

An Eden 18? Now that i would LOVE! :)[/quote]

That 2x15 eden is a great cab I used to have one and a metro which apart from its weight is IMO the best combo araound.

I took the amp out of the metro, put it in a wooded sleeve, voila, eden amp and the 2x15

[quote name='bumnote' post='1009066' date='Nov 1 2010, 10:06 PM']That 2x15 eden is a great cab I used to have one and a metro which apart from its weight is IMO the best combo araound.

I took the amp out of the metro, put it in a wooded sleeve, voila, eden amp and the 2x15[/quote]

Agree 100% with the metro comment.

I have considered re-housing the amp, and will probably do it at some point. Seeing as you once owned the same rig i guess you can sympathise with the downright dangerous task of getting the combo up onto the cab! :)

[quote name='wotnwhy' post='1009096' date='Nov 1 2010, 10:40 PM']Agree 100% with the metro comment.

I have considered re-housing the amp, and will probably do it at some point. Seeing as you once owned the same rig i guess you can sympathise with the downright dangerous task of getting the combo up onto the cab! :)[/quote]

I never used the 2 together but I admire your courage

The Berg HT115 is just a superb cab, 15 or not.

Paired with its brother the HT210 its an utterly killer little stack.

The HT210 is even heavier than the HT115, its a real workout getting the stack to a gig (you can see the pair of them at the SE Bass Bash if you're coming along), but it just sound so gooood....

I'd love to hear a pair of HT115s though, that would be utterly killer.