Why become a member? ×

Stuart Zender on Cbeebees

dabootsy

Ha, that's funny. My youngest daughter watches Zingzillas, but that episode passed me by. I love Stuart, he's a big influence on me, but that Warwick bass......I dunno.......I just don't know if I could live with the shape.

absolutely brilliant, i watch this a lot with my 2 year old daughter, but havent seen this one, crazy!!! stuart was a big influence on my playing as a youngster, id only just started playing when i heard "to young to die" it blew my mind great line and a fantastic dirty tone, the zingzillas are great and introduce childen to a lot of diffent music/instruments, i will put my evie off panzies bass though!! :)

Edited by lee650

Is this whole thing an reference to that joke about about a dude who washes up on an island, and there is constant drumming, and whenever he asks the natives why there is this drumming they run away, until he catches one and forces him to tell him "What is going on with the drumming?"

"When drumming stops, very bad!"

"Why?"

"When drumming stops... bass solo!"

Edit: Also, should have had TM Stevens in, he looks like he'd fit in well with the other characters.

Edited by Mr. Foxen

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1002775' date='Oct 27 2010, 05:44 PM']It's on iPlayer [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vn2dn"]here[/url].

How does that compare to the new Jamiroquai record btw? :)[/quote]

The song at the end is definitely better than the title tune of their new album... great playing from Stu.

Zing Zillas believe it or not is probably the most open minded, non judgemental, music programme on TV at the mo, they've had some serious jazzers on there like Lonnie Liston Smith on Hammond, Jim Hart on vibes, and lots of high quality classical bods as well - I just wish adults got an equivalent of this where we were left to judge the music on its own merits and not if it's the flavour of that particular month... like Later does.

M

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='1002775' date='Oct 27 2010, 04:44 PM']It's on iPlayer [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vn2dn"]here[/url].

How does that compare to the new Jamiroquai record btw? :)[/quote]
I think there's a veiled message as to why Stuart Zender left Jamiroquai too, obviously the names have been changed to avoid legal troubles though:

[i]However, Zak is very upset because his special breakfast banana has gone missing and he thinks someone has eaten it. All he found was a banana skin with no banana in it. He declares that he can't write anything for 'Synkronized' until he finds out who ate his banana. Todd likes nothing more than a good mystery so he suggests they look for some clues. However all the clues they find appear to point to Zak, so they decide to lay a trap to catch the culprit.[/i]