Why become a member? ×

TO GO: The Wife!

CPBass

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='152270' date='Mar 6 2008, 11:14 AM']The downside is that I recently used the body to create a couple of miniature reproduction models which caused a bit of damage. The two spring loaded control knobs no longer repspond as they're supposed to - they've become really sensitive, such that now when you twist them all you hear is a high-pitched squeal instead of a pleasant sound. Also the jack socket got mashed up, the fit isn't so tight now. It still works but is a bit temperamental - sometimes I have to hold the cable in my hand instead.[/quote]
+1. You are a genius.

I now find myself using the auxilliary XLR socket more, though I also find this a bit temperamental unless the headstock has been thoroughly soaked in gin.

[quote name='Mr. Foxen' post='119885' date='Jan 13 2008, 11:57 PM']Hmmm, that sounds more traumatic than is funny.

I only came here to make a joke about a shortscale with a huge bottom end I've been GASing over recently.[/quote]

Mine seems to do a lot of bottom end GASsing of it's own ... :)

I`m the third owner of a shortscale `65 of unknown origin; a bit of an enigma as she`s not a jazz and certainly not precision.

She`s due for some cosmetic work to the body soon (a problem with one of the curves on the body), and hopefully this will suit us both.

Soundwise, she has a tendancy to be very loud, and emits a horrible whining noise when ignored for more than 10 minutes (less than 10 minutes if I`m seen eyeing up newer models).

[quote name='dood' post='153443' date='Mar 8 2008, 12:16 AM']If this thread were a comedian, It should have been bankrupt ages ago lol[/quote]

If you were a grammatician...we'd have to shoot you :)

You simply cannot keep replacing a full stop with the acronym 'lol'.

Pass that one on to Ped as well.. ;)

lol haha etc

:huh:

[quote name='dood' post='153443' date='Mar 8 2008, 12:16 AM']If this thread were a comedian, It should have been bankrupt ages ago lol[/quote]

I dunno... I reckon my post was pretty Roy Chubby Brown...

[quote name='finnbass' post='153478' date='Mar 8 2008, 03:28 AM']If you were a grammatician...we'd have to shoot you :)

You simply cannot keep replacing a full stop with the acronym 'lol'.

Pass that one on to Ped as well.. ;)

lol haha etc

:huh:[/quote]

lol (full stop) Shouldn't there have been a full stop after your words 'etc' and 'you'? (lol).

;)

[quote name='finnbass' post='153478' date='Mar 8 2008, 03:28 AM']You simply cannot keep replacing a full stop with the acronym 'lol'.[/quote]

This gets on my tits, but I thought it was bad form to point it out.

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='159726' date='Mar 18 2008, 04:22 PM']You won't need it after you're married....

Personally, I'd go for one with no ears or voice box[/quote]

No ears? Beard then?
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3eH-E6v5E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx3eH-E6v5E[/url]

[quote name='bremen' post='159751' date='Mar 18 2008, 04:58 PM']I _really_ want to see this now![/quote]

It certainly set a precedent for the following posts lol!

I like playing at home so am sticking with my GB! She is high maintenace and costly as you would expect but the rewards from the quality materials are there for all to see but only for me to play with.
Been using her extensively lately, so have had to buff her up tonight and bring back the finish. Showing a little wear on the lower area but thats understandable after three weeks of extensive use, so shes calling for a week off for maintenance and a change of batteries.
Ho Hum.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='152317' date='Mar 6 2008, 12:28 PM']I now find myself using the auxilliary XLR socket more, though I also find this a bit temperamental unless the headstock has been thoroughly soaked in gin.[/quote]
Tried spraying on some switch cleaner first?

Im so glad I started this post.

We should rename this "The Lost Lives Club", oldhorsemurphy you are so right, no need for the vagina post marriage. My idea is this: There should be an independent guy at the altar or registrar's table at every wedding. He should have 5 mins alone with you just to go over what your throwing away, also he'd invite you for an all expenses paid week in Amsterdam as the jilting escape.

How many of us would have married then??

Only kidding but it certainly makes yoy think dunnit? I guess an offer of a tour with Skunk Anansie or the like would get me to jilt.

LOL we love em really.

Keep posting

Col

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='152270' date='Mar 6 2008, 11:14 AM']Well, I've got a gorgeous '74, longscale neck with an ultra-slim body. There are a few cracks beginning to show in the finish but it still plays pretty well.

The downside is that I recently used the body to create a couple of miniature reproduction models which caused a bit of damage. The two spring loaded control knobs no longer repspond as they're supposed to - they've become really sensitive, such that now when you twist them all you hear is a high-pitched squeal instead of a pleasant sound. Also the jack socket got mashed up, the fit isn't so tight now. It still works but is a bit temperamental - sometimes I have to hold the cable in my hand instead.[/quote]
:)

Only just seen this... As Johnnylager said, "genius"!!