Why become a member? ×

Entire Collection Almost Gone!

AndyTravis

My heart bleeds for you mate. You've proved yourself to be a responsible and caring adult, and with those values I'm sure you will be a brilliant dad and role model. Nice basses too - I'm sure you'll sell them quickly and (relatively) painlessly! Best of luck to you.

Hi mate, I went through the whole need to slim down the collection due to financial difficulties (see running your own business for f*cking you up financially).

I now just have 2 guitars that I beg, stole and borrowed to get.

At the end of the day, and after all the cr*p we talk about them, they're just bits of wood with bits of metal on them and they can be replaced.

Start a savings account mate, and any spare money you have, get it in there. In no time at all (alright, took me 2 years) you'll have the £3,500 you need for the best bass you'll ever need. And a happy family!

Fair play to you Andy, your doing the right thing!
Don't worry, you'll get another chance to own some nice basses....
These are all very lovely. I don't need any more basses at the moment, but good luck with the sale, I'm sure you won't have too much trouble getting rid of them!

[quote name='Ian Savage' post='972427' date='Sep 30 2010, 10:17 AM']Best of luck Andy - there's a couple of Precisions on there that really caught me eye, I'll have to get my Nanyo Bass Collection back up on the block and see if anyone bites...[/quote]

Cool, let me know if i need to put dibs on any...

You have my respect Andy, I echo what others have said. I had to sell my collection of 12 string guitars for similar reasons some time ago so I do understand.

And here I am wondering which of your lovely Fenders to buy........ hell they're all tempting :)
I can resist anything but temptation too.

Mate, my heart goes out to you, been there myself and its very tough but there will be a light at the end of the tunnel, just look at your wee one and you'll know what is important in life!

You'll soon be back on your feet!

Good luck, and if my Ray goes quick I have my eye on that Fretless P...

As all others have said, best of luck with this - it's a tremendously difficult decision that you're taking for the best of reasons.

To everybody thinking of buying - I've seen three of the basses up for sale: the fretless P (now gone?), LPB Ltd Edition J and the Burgundy J - all are sublime examples of their type - I was honestly blown away (and I've had one or two half-decent basses myself).

Whilst looking at Andy's basses, I also had the pleasure of hearing him play and can report that he is an extraordinarily gifted musician with phenomenal technique and feel - whatever you need to sell, nobody can take away your talent (and that's the important bit).

Andy, really sad to hear about this mate. Funny how we were only talking about such difficult decisions the other week; I certainly didn't anticipate this. Best of luck with the selling and I hope everything works out for you.

FWIW, Andy is indeed a top bloke and I'd buy off him in a heartbeat (must admit that Blueburst had me sorely tempted...).

That Corvette looks very cool, a real players bass. Always wanted either one of these or a Fortress One. Plus you're just over the hill from Wakey...too tempting :)

Best of luck for the future and for all the sales bud.

Edited by TPJ

Good evening, managed to weigh the basses using a digital set of luggage scales.

I've weighed in lbs, as it seems to be the most common unit for weighing basses.

Burgundy Jazz 10.04lbs
Blue Precision 9.66lbs
Fretless Precision 10.8lbs
Squier Precision 8.92lbs
Warwick 8.66lbs
Rickenbacker 9.2lbs

For the guys who've bought (handy for booking the shipments)
Blue Jazz Bass 10lbs
Blonde Precision 9.32lbs

The PM's are still coming in with kind words, i'm humbled and comforted by the encouragement.

Trav x

Edited by AndyTravis

[quote name='TPJ' post='973002' date='Sep 30 2010, 06:03 PM']That Corvette looks very cool, a real players bass. Always wanted either one of these or a Fortress One. Plus you're just over the hill from Wakey...too tempting :)

Best of luck for the future and for all the sales bud.[/quote]

Welcome to have a nosey mate. Let me know...

[quote name='GarethFlatlands' post='973136' date='Sep 30 2010, 08:13 PM']Gutted for you but respect for doing it for your family. Sadly, I cured my Warwick GAS a couple of months ago but whoever bags that Corvette is in for a treat.[/quote]

It's an amazing bass, and i'm very sad to see it go, an old mate. Cheers!

[quote name='Lozz196' post='973156' date='Sep 30 2010, 08:27 PM']You have both my sympathy, and my admiration in taking this decision Andy, hope all goes well.[/quote]

[quote name='lojo' post='973181' date='Sep 30 2010, 08:53 PM']Mate good luck with the sales and the situation, keeping your families head above water now i'm sure will be a great building block for future success in many areas[/quote]

This sale thread has convinced me that these basses were the 'keepers' i thought they were when i got them all. And i'm really glad they're all going on to exciting new places.
It's a mixed bag of emotions, but I think reaching the decision was the toughest.

Thanks for the messages, nice to be on here with you lot xxx