Why become a member? ×

Entire Collection Almost Gone!

AndyTravis

Hi guys.

Here it is, a full collection (bar my first ever Bass guitar).

Let me be honest, this is heartbreaking, i've had 'something in my eye' while compiling the photos in this thread, and typing this has seen tears roll down my face.

These basses are all something really special; either instruments i've coveted for years, or struggled to buy, or lived with from day one.

It's taken a good month of thinking, and a good bit of courage.

Why am I doing this then, You may ask...?

Since our little one came along, we've not really behaved financially. My other half has gone from a highly paid job to a very low paid part time job. And we've ended up on 1/3 of our previous income.

Stupidly, we've continnued to live as we had previously. And i'm pretty much at breaking point.

So, short of selling my backside on Piccadilly we need to straighten ourselves out.

And, instead of going to the bank, cap in hand and ending up even more screwed, or running to Mums and Dads, i've decided to sort this out myself, as i'm the dad now, and i'm old enough to solve my own worries.

Totally our fault, and my other half is livid with me for suggesting I sell my gear. But, time to man up.

I've taken nearly 100 photographs of the basses in total. I'm no photographer, but i've used my brothers decent camera (to terrible effect).
I've downsized and cropped the photos, if you need the full size images, don't hesitate to PM me your e-mail address.

I've included any marks/knocks/scrapes the basses have, as i've bought things blind before and had a few nasty shocks - not something I like to do to others.
Again, any further questions will be answered through PM, or on the thread, wherever suits you, or you feel appropriate.

The prices i'll post will be firm. Collection is preffered as I seriously don't need to be shelling out fo couriers...unless you can arrange a 3rd part collection at your own expense, I work in a perfectly situated and easy to get to Manchester City Centre location, if you do decide to go down this route, i'll have used my legendary packaging skills.

I can't accept trades. It's a bit beyond that.

Paypal, Bank Transfer, or cash on collection are all suitable. Paypal fees must be added on at purchase point, if you're using that.

I've bought and sold plenty on here, read my feedback, and browse/shop with total confidence.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62048"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=62048[/url]

Thanks for reading this essay, please don't PM me until after 10pm tonight, as i'll be loading all the gear and descriptions on...i'll post a 'done' message when i'm sorted.

Also, should you have an opinion regarding the pricing of any of the the basses, [color="#FF0000"]PM me[/color].

Andy

Edited by AndyTravis

Shame they have to go,but good luck with the sales.

How many basses have you got, surely you don't have to sell them all at once..might be best to spread the sales out as things may get better for you soon and you may look back and think why did I sell them all.

Just a thought mate, good luck again

Dave

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='972098' date='Sep 29 2010, 09:26 PM']Strength to you for taking that most difficult of decisions and putting your family first.

Hope you're keeping at least one bass to play though. In the meanwhile, good luck with the sales.

Take care and all the best

T[/quote]

Good luck also. I know what it is like to sell everything off. Putting your family first is the best decision.

Good luck with your sales, mate. I don't think I'm being out of line to say the entire BassChat community empathises with you as you are obviously having to sell a labour of love. But family (and health) come first. I would sell all of my gear tomorrow for my family without a second thought. So go for it, I say, keep one bass back if you can, and it will all come good. Best wishes

Fender Mexico, Classic 60's Reissue, Limited Edition Burgundy Mist.
Bought 2009 From Basschatter in Manchester.

A great Bass. Basically the same as the much praised Roadworn Jazz, Without the Relic Job.

I saw an original 64 on Ebay, and started chasing these around. Having sold them in a shop in 2003 i felt a bit of a dunce for not buying one when i had the chance.

Still, found one on here, slightly modded and turned into my '64'.

I removed the Badass it came with, using an original BBOT Fender Japan bridge i had spare.
I changed the control knobs with real Fender ones, they were chrome.
I added the 'middle' pickguard screw.

I've added the Ashtrays, and thumbrest, and it's great.

The mod's i've left alone are the Hipshot D-Tuner, as it's great fun, and the controls are set VOL/Pickup Pan*/Tone. *Pickup pan is set reverse, so towards neck is for bridge pickup, towards bridge is neck pickup. Sounds odd at first, but really makes sense once you use it.

Original 'E' tuner will be included, will arrive in a Merchant City Music Gigbag i got it in.

There are a few small indents on the back of the bass, and an under the laquer stain near the 'G' tuner, this must be buffing compound, not noticeable but worth a mention.

The colour changes from champagne shades to nice dark burgundy. Or, just call it 'Pink' and have done with it.

I paid £500, and have spent about £50, so call it £500.

2004 ish Fender Japan Precision Bass Fretless.

I can't believe i'm doing this, haha, god, it took weeks of fighting, offers, counter offers and begging to get this from a fellow BassChatter.

It's a super rare PB70-84US/FL. A reissue of the 70's fretless Precisions.

Gloss maple fingerboard, Gloss Ash Body, strung with roundwounds.

It's amazing, a fantastic instrument. I added the period acurate covers and thumbrest above the 'E' string, rather than under.

I chased this bass forever, i've seen 2 for sale in the UK, and this is one of them.

No marks. It has a bit of quilt in the Ash too, so looks really unique.

I'm going to have to put £700 on this, as i paid a good chunk plus a USA strat.

£650

Will come in a Gigbag of some format.

Edited by AndyTravis

As a point...going back 13 years to just a Yamaha BB300. It's been there for me before, so i'm returning the favour.

Thanks for the kind PM's too.

We're not in mad difficulties, but we're making no headway on things we owe out, so this yard sale should set us back on the right tracks.

Thanks again folks.

Luke has got dibs on the Blue Jazz.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='972096' date='Sep 29 2010, 09:23 PM']Good luck Andy, I have met with Andy in the past he is a top man.

Are you keeping hold of something to play?[/quote]

Trusty old Yamaha BB mate, it's served me well before, just unsure if my back can handle it anymore, haha.

[quote name='daveybass' post='972107' date='Sep 29 2010, 09:31 PM']Shame they have to go,but good luck with the sales.

How many basses have you got, surely you don't have to sell them all at once..might be best to spread the sales out as things may get better for you soon and you may look back and think why did I sell them all.

Just a thought mate, good luck again

Dave[/quote]

I'm keeping my first bass mate...never sell the 1st. Haha.

[quote name='Jigster' post='972195' date='Sep 29 2010, 11:02 PM']power to you mate - horrible thing to have to do but you're selling a bit of yourself in all of these so that's a good buy in my book :)[/quote]

Anyone buying the basses will get every story attatched to these basses on collection...

Hope i don't blub when folks take delivery. Had a few moments tonight.

You looked reality in the eye and took the decision. More power to you, Andy.

In the end, they're only 'things'. Ok, nice 'things', but things all the same. You'll save yourself a lot of stress, and there's plenty time to start collecting all over again :)

BBs are cool.

[quote name='fatback' post='972223' date='Sep 29 2010, 11:29 PM']You looked reality in the eye and took the decision. More power to you, Andy.

In the end, they're only 'things'. Ok, nice 'things', but things all the same. You'll save yourself a lot of stress, and there's plenty time to start collecting all over again :)

BBs are cool.[/quote]

Thanks mate, looking forward to dusting the BB off restringing it, and starting over again.

Just as a side point, all the basses are in their appropriate gigbags/cases.

However, should somebody bump for two basses at once their is a Warwick premium double gigbag housing two of them at the moment.

Seems i won't be needing it...sob.