Why become a member? ×

Entire Collection Almost Gone!

AndyTravis

[quote name='4000' post='972957' date='Sep 30 2010, 05:26 PM']Andy, really sad to hear about this mate. Funny how we were only talking about such difficult decisions the other week; I certainly didn't anticipate this. Best of luck with the selling and I hope everything works out for you.

FWIW, Andy is indeed a top bloke and I'd buy off him in a heartbeat (must admit that Blueburst had me sorely tempted...).[/quote]

Thanks mate, i was thinking this earlier, and i think our conversation may have helped me wake up a bit.

Still, i'll keep in touch about the blueburst, haha.

[quote name='Lozz196' post='973156' date='Sep 30 2010, 08:27 PM']You have both my sympathy, and my admiration in taking this decision Andy, hope all goes well.[/quote]
+1

This place is amazing sometimes; this thread is absolute proof of that!

Good luck with it all Andy! Hope you stay involved on Basschat, even if all these very lovely basses go (for now)..

Fair play to you Andy, there's no doubt that you're doing the right thing by your family.

The fretless P is a lovely thing - I'm biased because I have what looks like the identical bass, except with frets. The build quality and sound of these not-for-export CIJ instruments is as good as any Fender I've ever seen. What's the neck profile on yours, P-bass, Jazz-bass or inbetween?

[quote name='pete.young' post='974618' date='Oct 1 2010, 09:17 PM']Fair play to you Andy, there's no doubt that you're doing the right thing by your family.

The fretless P is a lovely thing - I'm biased because I have what looks like the identical bass, except with frets. The build quality and sound of these not-for-export CIJ instruments is as good as any Fender I've ever seen. What's the neck profile on yours, P-bass, Jazz-bass or inbetween?[/quote]

It's P profile, not as big as the 50's was, about the same as the 62P.

I'd go and check for you, but Ella is sleeping next to them, like a Guard Toddler.

It's one i debated a hell of a lot about. It's not a 'Jaco' fretless, and it just sounds so big. And with the tone rolled off a fair bit, and an experiment with a sponge mute (A la Babbitt) i got a more than passable Upright tone from it for some recent recordings for the band.

It's a special bass, looks the part, i had debated on getting a matching fretted, before i sat down with a calculator and realised i was goosed.

Gutted i have no way of recording it for people to hear. I think as the thread goes on, i may have a go at adding some links to recordings of the basses, Just not got a fat lot of time at the minute...or the technology, my stills camera did video, but that's gone haywire.

Just as a note to thank Tom and Luke, the basses are on their way.

It really makes a good account of itself, i had planned to keep this until my little girl wanted to play bass.

Was hoping (foolishly) to keep this if the blue Jazz went, but i've decided to keep ploughing on, no point in kidding myself...selling up is selling up!

My old Yamaha doesn't know what's hit it, i've kicking the crap out of it all evening in front of the TV.

Hi

Sorry to hear of your predicament but lovely to see so many fellow Bass Chatters coming out in support.

I'm surprised you haven't posted any pictures of the rare Piccadilly Backside you mention you have for sale in your original post.

Any chance of some photos? :)

I haven't seen one for quite a while - is it the 86 thru neck or one of those horrible new bolt on Korean knock offs?

Good luck with the sales!!

Edited by ryancowell25

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='977137' date='Oct 4 2010, 02:27 PM']Couple of Price Changes...Bump.[/quote]

Now if there was some way you had access to a Visa / Mastercard machine, i would be along to Manchester from Widnes like a Rocket for that Ricky !!!. Maybe get your freindly guitar shop to Handle the sale ?? obvoiusly i would accept no warranty obligations... just a thought
good luck anyway Andy
regards
Keith M

[quote name='ingenius' post='977197' date='Oct 4 2010, 03:03 PM']Now if there was some way you had access to a Visa / Mastercard machine, i would be along to Manchester from Widnes like a Rocket for that Ricky !!!. Maybe get your freindly guitar shop to Handle the sale ?? obvoiusly i would accept no warranty obligations... just a thought
good luck anyway Andy
regards
Keith M[/quote]

I can't run the sale through the shop as they'd expect a cut, and unfortunately i need 100% of the proceeds.

As a point, i've used my Visa through Paypal before.

[quote name='AndyTravis' post='977402' date='Oct 4 2010, 05:26 PM']Just as a point, i'll be at Bass Day UK at the RNCM this year, and while i can't take all of the basses with me, if anyone wants to see something in the flesh before buying, i can take one or two of these basses.[/quote]
PM`d
regards
Keith M

Blue Ric is on hold twice.

Keith has first shout.
Colin Second in queue.

Shocked the Fretless is still here. As a note 'Some form of Gigbag' is the original Fender Japan Gigbag, forgot i had it.

Any questions regarding the remaining basses, just ask and i'll be happy to fill you in on any measurements/weights and willing to send any photgraphs in an uncompressed format.

Andy

by the way if you are looking at this and wondering, wow that bass is awesome, i wouldn't be sure about buying off a fella who wears yellow and black stripy ties, or something similar, be reasured andy is a true gentleman and could put up with my faffing with internet banks not behaving.
he could pack boxes of basses for england at the common wealth games, and my surprise, the gig bag he sent it was a top knotch quality one.
thanks forthe wonderful bass andy!

I've just spent the last few hours setting up my new bass, its amazing!

Bump for the SQ Squier P bass, these were made alongside the JV squiers mainly for the US market (JV mainly ended up in europe) at a less vintage copy price mark. If the neck on it is anything like my JV, then it is possibly usurps the guy selling the Trace elliot/status T bass as the bargin of the forum at the moment

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='977787' date='Oct 4 2010, 10:40 PM']by the way if you are looking at this and wondering, wow that bass is awesome, i wouldn't be sure about buying off a fella who wears yellow and black stripy ties[/quote]

There's nothing wrong with my stripey tie!!! We dressed up to play Bestival...

Infact, i have a Blue tie for when i played the Ric, and i used to have a Red one when i used to own a Red Stingray.

Burgundy Mist Jazz has had an offer, but it's staying at £500. I've just bobbed some new Fender 45-105's on it, these are the new ones D'addario are making for Fender...Sounds lovely.

The Warwick has been restrung E-G with some spare overwater Flatwounds (It was A-C as an experiment) I do however have some roundwounds if that's anyones preferance.

The SQ Squier is begging me not to let it go.